cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to change font color in SQL Preview window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking for ways to change the font color for comments created in SQL Preview window. I have customized the DDL generation options to produce some comments in the DDL generation code. But the comments show up in the SQL Preview window with a bright green color. Where I Can set the color for a comment generated in DDL preview window?

thank you

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're not alone disliking the green.  This one has been answered a few times (I have to find it every time I get a new laptop ).  Here you go (adjust path for version 16)

For change the text colors:

- Open the registry

- Open the node Software\Sybase\PowerDesigner 9\Controls\Editor

- Open the node of the file type, for example, SQL Files

- Open the Color Groups node

- Select a category, for example, Comment

- Create a new DWORD entry

- Rename the entry to Foreground

- Change the value of the entry to: BBGGRR in hexa format.

Example: 0000FF (red), FF0000 (blue)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice answer, Rich. It made me think, it must be possible to set this value using a user profile, and I was right . You need to create a Numeric item, and provide the decimal code for the colour, otherwise the process is the same:

This changes the comment colour to BlueViolet

You can create the folder structure in the User Profile yourself, or create a new User Profile based on <<Registry>> (and take out most of the content).

I've attached a simple user profile - apply this via Tools | Apply User Profile. You need to store the file in your user profiles folder, and change the file extension from 'txt' to 'upf'.

If you prefer to use REGEDIT, look up the HEX codes here - http://html-color-codes.info/color-names

The PD User Profiles use Decimal codes - convert HEX to decimal here - http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/hex-to-rgb.htm (can also preview colours from here).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rich. It worked like a charm. I thought for a minute that I may not have rights to change REGEDIT settings. but surprisingly I was able to and it works.

Thank you Very Much.

Krishna