cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLO in Divestiture scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in a divestiture scenario. We are exploring SLO as a tool that can help. Question we are facing is how to keep source and target system in synch over the project period. Does SLO has a delta load capability. Can we start with initial load and just before cut over do a Delta load?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you give me some more background information? I am not sure if I really understood your requirement.

A typical divestiture using SAP LT would be a company code Carve-Out. In this Scenario you copy the complete productive system and afterwards you delete the company codes unrelated to the divested entity (aka Clone & Delete). The productive deletion needs a downtime and usually happends on the weekend. So there is no need to synch source and target over a longer Project period.

If a complete company code Carve-Out is not possible in your case, you would need to do a selective data Migration into a target System. This is also possible with SAP LT but there is no free avaible Standard Scenario for that (yet). So far this would be a project solution. To minimize downtime SAP LT also the technical capabilities to track and load deltas. But this also a customer specific requirement which needs to be implemented as a project solution.

Kind Regards

Sascha Loeffler

Senior Manager at cbs Corporate Business Solutions (SAP LT Partner)