cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM PI problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

This is very strange and I am really struggling to sort It out.

A WM PI doc has been created via LX16 and the count added. We have mixed stock within the bin and at the time of counting, addition stock was found and so added. The net result was 2 quants (Mat A and Mat B) with no differences and an additional qty (Mat C) added. A recount was initiated and the stocks recounted and the same qty's recorded. LI21 was then executed and the PI doc status is now showing as 'cleared'. Now when we run LI21, there is nothing showing to be cleared in IM and the additional stock as not yet been written on to the system.

I have looked in LINV and the two quants with no diffs are showing as L-Cleared yet the additional stock line is only showing as Z-Counted.

We have already activated OSS 824904 but it isn't helping in this incident.

Operationally we need to either progress the PI doc through to conclusion and create a new one or somehow, delete the existing one and start again, neither of which I can find a way of doing .

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't yet understand as there are to many gaps in the story. 

You started with LX16 and the next transaction you talk about is LI21,  there must be some other transactions in between, especially as you already mentioned a recount before you came to LI21.

If you could rebuild the story keeping it at the detail with the transactions then  it could eventually become clearer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies sir .

1. The document was created via LX16 although not activated.
  2. A custom RF program is then used which the end user selects through the main RF menu on the hand held device.
  3. The RF will direct the user to the bin requiring PI and when the user scans the Bin label, the PI doc is activated and the user assigned as the counter.
  4. User then scans the material code and enters the counted qty for every material within that bin.
  5. When completed, the user (via an RF option) advises that the PI count for that bin is complete.
  6. RF program validates and advises if any new/unexpected material codes have been counted.
  7. The user confirms that the new material should be added and the PI doc status is updated to 'Counted'
  8. Standard LI20 is then used to clear the doc in WM unless a recount is required.
  9. LX14 is used to created a recount document and the whole Z RF count process starts again.
  10. Once completed, LI20 is again used to clear in WM
  11. Finally, LI21 used to clear the doc in IM.

The above steps have been completed up to step 10.

I know the first red flag will be the custom RF program but to be fair, it has been in use since c2012 so am doubtful this would be the root cause especially as this is has only happed on the this one document and not others that have been subsequently created and processed.

I am having a thought though which I will investigate. At some point in the process, a quant is system generated for the additional stock yet when I try to look at it via LS23, I get an error message saying that the quant doesn't exist ??

Hope this helps

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would certainly search for the error in the Z-program too, which may not be easy if it used to work without issue for long time and you are unable to repeat this case. It may be an uncaught exception, table locks, duplicate numbers...

Quants could also be seen and accessed in detail from LS03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, like you say the biggest problem is replicating the error as with all such things, finding the root cause is 90% of the resolution

Interesting point about LS03N though, currently the additional stock isn't showing in the bin which I assumed was due to LI21 not yet being executed. For confirmation though, should LI20 have placed the stock / quant in the bin ??

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The stock will show up in the bin after LI20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mmmmm thanks Jurgen.

So the stock isn't showing in the bin even though the doc has been cleared via LI20 and has a status of L-Cleared. I guess that is because the relevant line item is still showing as Z-Counted in LINV.

This is not going to be easy to determine the root cause. Don't suppose there is a way of deleting the PI doc and starting again ???

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried LI20 again, what message do you get there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I get the following error message "Inventory record **** already cleared"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably because there is L in the status of the document in table LINK.

Can you post a screenshot from LINV records and also from the TO  for clearing (TO number can be found in the LINV records)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find LINV screen shot. Please also note that no TO has been created

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that the creation of the TO from LI20 failed because the SUT is missing for the found material?

Check this note 788216 - If new item during count, SUT not taken from material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, will take a look at that and advise.

For info, I noticed the same thing and created a second PI doc for the same bin to put the stocks right and it worked as expected, even though no SUT was carried over on the second doc either

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have passed this OSS to our developer team for further investigation.

Thanks for your help