Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate external material numbers

kaiser_michael
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

a customer demands that we work with his own material numbers. Means that we should use his number on the documents he is getting from us.

A little problem about it: we have two materials whereas customer has bundled them to one number.

My first thought was: make a material on top which gathers both and assign it to several customer numbers? 'Several customer numbers' because this should work with more than one specific customer. Many more will follow up.

Have a look at the picture.

In the meantime I heard about transaction VD5X, customer material info, which sounds quite tempting.

Now this are some wild thoughts? Eager to hear your opinion.

How can I solve this problem?

Any suggestions?

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, CMIR is a good option to get the customer material in the document (but you can't use the same material number used by customer for both materials for customer X). You can add a dot or something like ~ at the end and just don't print this character on documents).

No issue to have different KDMAT for different customers and the same material, of course.

The main problem is how your order entry people would choose which of these two materials A/B to enter in the document (I assume there is some difference between them).