cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created 3 I-views....my requirement is i have to have two push buttons (2) & (3) on first I-view that is Initially displayed.On execution of one of the push button on the I-view it should replace the existing I-view with another one.How is this possible ? how the eventing can be done in this scenario ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would integrate iView 2 and 3 as nested iViews in the iView 1. Position them above each other and define visibility conditions.

I think that`s the easiest way.

Regards,

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Navigate Connector to show the iviews.

Create custom events for each of the buttons .Drag two navigate connectors and map the events to connectors..double click the connector and select the iview you want to show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

can you pls explain how to work with navigate connector,iam new for VC

Thanks in advance

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) First drag the Navigate connector from the connectors area into the iview 1.

Once you release the connector it will show a pop up screen where you can select the iview (iview 2) you want to navigate to.

2) In Iview1 create a button and in the action tab of the button select custom action

Custom action:--Your custom Action name

Apply to:- Self

Validation Scope:- Element

3) Drag a line from the form to the connector click on the data binding line and on the right side in the Event Name field give the name of the custom action you have created.

Deploy and test.

Imp:- Iview 2 should be in different page (page 2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

as Mathias mentioned use nested iViews and change the visibility condition of your nested iViews with your action, e.g. your event fires an event which updates a store value with the values 1 or 2 and so on. Then your visibilty condition could be bool(store@display==2).

Best Regards,

Marcel