cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution and Validation in Project System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to configure Substitution and Validation rule( In project definition, WBS , Network & network activity) for a company code and plant, both CC and plant  are already existing in the system. What are all the prerequisite we need to get from the Business before starting configuration and what are all the parameters we have to look out for  before getting kick started with the configuration.

Thanks & regards,

Ramprakash V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

First of all you need to find out, what kind of substitution / validation client require in PS. PS is a big ocean with respect to fields of WBS element / Project.

Fields like - Project Profile / Project Type / Cost Centre / Cost Element / Company code / plant / investment profile etc. Like this you can do it for all fields available in Project / WBS / Network

Refer below docs for more understanding

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Terence,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is the system is having its own set of substitution and validation rules, they are simply asking me to make changes in the existing rules for this CC and plant which is there in the system already.

How can we identify the set of rules which will be impacted by this company code and plant. I went for a substitution and validation trace but it is not helping me.

Is there any other way to identify the set of rules which needs to be revamped?which i'm missing.

Regards,

Ram