Deactivating an error message in packing instructions

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting an error when creating the packing instructions POP1 as below:

"A component cannot appear in a packing instruction more than once

Message no VHU01138 "

We face this error during creation of a new line item with the same component.

Has anybody faced this error?

We need to deactivate this error. Please advise how to do it?

Regards,

Javed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is 7 times a hardcoded error message in program LVHUPOF16

And even the error message is marked as self explainable.

Why do you want the same component multiple times in a packing instruction?

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Business is required to have build pallet structure in layer.

The want same  packaging material to be used in multiple line of their packing instruction.

We were used to do the same earlier , but after the recent enhance pack , this is not being allowed.

Pallet are not prepared to optimize space and orders, 1 Pallet becomes 3 -4 pallets.

In the OSS , SAP suggesting to have functional adjustment to provide the functionality.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Javed

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which OSS note are you referring to?

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is not OSS note.

But I have raised OSS message to SAP in which they have advised.

However I could not found  configuration node where I could remove this error .

Thanks and regards

Manish Rastogi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why you don't ask for clarification if you could not understand the answer, especially as you are already in contact with them.

I don't think they refer to customizing settings in IMG, I'd rather think they meant coding.

you also said you had this function used before, so you should already have packing instructions in your system with the same component multiple times.

How do they behalf now? Can you still use them?

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes we have Lot of packing instruction ( with same component multiple time) in our system and they are being used without any problem.

However problem is in maintaining/ changing existing one and also creation of new packing instruction.

There is very high impact on business as required higher number of trucks / lorries due to high loading space calculation.

Is multiple line of same packaging component being used in other customer also or how they manage the same.

Please advise urgently

Thanks and regards

Javed

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had only found this one program that does all the checks with the error messages.

This program has some OSS notes mentioned, checking those notes I could see that this program was already there in 4.7 release.

Can it eventually be that you had modified this program and somebody made a mistake in the SPAU and had removed all those modifications with the upgrade?

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

I could not see modification in this program LVHUPOF16, however I will get it checked also with programmer.

Below are some finding related to note2118783 in program LVHUPOF11

SAP have made change  in this Note by removing the statement

PIPO_ROW_COMPONENT. and

exchanged the check to look at the variable matnr. instead

we have recently support pack-

SAP_APPL    617    0008    SAPKH61708    Logistics and Accounting

Could it be related to this behavior change?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, this note could have caused your stop.

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have had  communication  with  SAP for same .

This note is part of support pack

However they are not in agreement for de-implementation  / modification of note.

If you also see this is reason , I will go back again to them.

earlier they advise for functional adjustment , but I'm not sure what they meant ( could it be some config node?) ; I have asked them again for this clarification.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I talked to a colleague who had setup the whole packing stuff in our system and he can't imagine a technical reason why SAP could have restricted multiple times the same component, but he also cannot imagine why it is needed at all, since the same packing does not fit into each other physically in case of multiple packing. you can a good into a small carton and the small carton into a bigger carton. But you would not be able to put 2 cartons of the same size into each other.

Maybe if you could explain this need in more detail and eventually add a photo how this looks like finally it could be a trigger to rethink .

Maybe you ask SAP in the meantime what problems could arise with having the same item multiple times entered.

mohd_javed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for helpful comment .

short term solution-

1) we have done code enhancement to remove the note 2118783 effect. i.e. not on basis on matnr.

It worked as of now.

Long Term solution-

2) Business will evaluate their business process and if needed will talk to SAP for note enhancement.

Yes , the same question I asked with business how they can pack same material in itself. And why they cant increase the Qty in one line

But their answer -  They are building pallet structure in Layer SSCC 1st level ; SSCC 2nd level .

Layer determination are being done based on line item in packing instruction.

Packing instruction sent to 3rd party by idoc and they utilize the same information  for calculating space of trucks and lorries.

If I get more information I will share with you.

Thanks again!!!

Answers (0)