Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equipment Management / Prüfmittelverwaltung

former_member524985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

i am currently working on Quality Management / Test Equipment Management.

The FM QEFC_FORMULA_CALC_EXAMPLE has to be modified/adapted in order to get some statistic results from the task lists / IA05 like Fmax for instance.

I am wondering that i am not able to find in SAP forums / helps / consultations some standard task lists / modified FM for calipers, calibers, indicators... which are typical for Test Equipments.

If SAP does not cover these kinds of Test Equipements, what are the references of SAP in this topic at all ?

Has anyone some experience with these types of Equipments in SAP? Please share.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want a modifed FM for your test equipments?

SAP does handle test equipment.  The test equipment is typically handled by PM not QM.  QM simply requires the availability of the proper equipment.  QM doesn't track the equipment.

I.e. if PM has all marked all equipment as out of service, an inspection lot won't allow resutls to be recorded until an in-service pieice of equipment is assigned.

So I'm not really sure what you want.

Craig

former_member524985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig

Then I do not understand why Test Equipment / Calibration Planning is a part fo QM in SAP...

Either in the SAP Menu (Logistics>Quality Management>Test Equipment Management) or in SPRO (Quality Management>Test Equipment Management).

For my point of view it definitively belongs to QM.

The question is if anyone already works with calipers, calibers, indicators... as test equipment (if alternative then what kind of alternative) in SAP

Thanks

Nicolas

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well. if you are talking about calibration of equipment it is PM function regardless of where you think it should be.  I didn't design it.  It only uses QM inspection lots for the testing and data collection activities.

If you look at the transactions coded in the QM area you pointed out, you'll see most start with IE..  the same as the transactions in PM.  For instance.. IE01 is create equipment.. it is found in both areas, QM and PM.  But it was always originally a PM transaction. That section (Logistics>QM>Test Equipment Management) wasn't even a part of QM in earlier versions.  I think it got put in around the 4.0F version or so.

You also  failed to inlcude the last menu item in the SPRO section you pointed out.  It is "Define List Variants"  That section is simply to maintain variants for some reporting transactions that were added in later to give some more functional reporting that was more relevant to QM.  That config has zero affect on the functionality and control of the actual business processes.  That config is all in PM.  There is no real config in the QM SPRO area for test equipment.

And yes, I 've worked with test equipment with QM and calibrations a long, long time ago.. I've forgotten probably most of it. (Thankfully!).  But would try to point you in the right direction if I can.

Craig

former_member524985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your opinion Craig!

Nicolas