Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate line item in return Sale order

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement, while doing return sale order with reference to the billing document, system allowing to add duplicate line items in return order, how we can restrict to add duplicate line items in returns sale order. Please suggest me.

Regards,

Siva Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Standard SAP system will allow the users to add items in Returns Sales order created with reference to Invoice.

There are a couple of options you have to restrict this:

1. User discipline (by means of training)

2. Generally Returns orders are blocked for subsequent process and are released after review by designated (authorized) users.

3. Go for an enhancement (ABAP development in User exit) restrict addition of items in Returns Sales order, you can do this only if Returns order are created with reference to Invoice.

4. Incase the business process allows creation of Returns order without reference to invoice, you can have a different Order Type for this document and authorize (with help of Basis Team) only designated users to create such orders.(This is to be done in combination of option 3)

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jignesh.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this in a sandbox, but I wonder if instead of a development adding items without reference to a preceding document can be prevented with an incompleteness procedure (I see VBAP-VGBEL and VGTYP are possible entries in OVA2).

Other than that, I fully agree with - this is more of a business decision, discipline and internal controls than a system issue.

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina Peykova,

I have maintained VBAP-VGBEL and VGTYP as suggested, now I am getting warning message, But I want error message.

warning message as 

Enter Reference document : message number VU0001.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Search the forum for Incompletion procedures and you will get ample guidance on how to issue a error message incase of incompletness.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veseline Peykova,

i tested what you have suggested works fine.

Thanks for sharing

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anwer Suleman,

Are you getting error message or warning message, I am getting warning message, if  maintian the data system allow to save the document. if you getting error message please share the settings.

Regards,

Siva krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I went to VOV8 and checked the "incomplete meassages" check box and the system wont allow to save the document.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1225350

Regards,

Suleman Anwer

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anwer Suleman,

Your exactly correct, But my requirement is should not add additional line items in return sale order. while adding additional line items in return order system gives warning message as "no preceding document", I want restrict to add new line items in return order. if I maintain full data then document is complete then system allow to save the document.

Hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks,

Siva Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

How are you providing the VGBEL & VGTYP data to complete the document.i have searched in VA02 but did not find these fields. I will search and update if i find anything. can you please update here.

Regards

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anwer Suleman,

Thank you now it is working. but system allow to create duplicate return orders with reference to invoice.

Invoice has the quantity 10nos. Ruturn order 1 : 10 nos, Return order2 : 10nos ...etc. Please help how restrict duplicate return orders.

Regards,

Siva Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a custom routine in VTAF as a copy requirement to check that there is no subsequent return order item for a billing item.

Still, I believe that such problems are best solved by internal controls and not by custom code.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
system allowing to add duplicate line items in return order, how we can restrict to add duplicate line items in returns sale order.

Siva,

Please clarify what is a duplicate line item?

a. Return order created with ref to an invoice. Invoice has 10 EA. Return order created for 10 EA. Another return order created for these same 10 EA.

Is this duplicate?

b. Return order created with ref to an invoice. Invoice has 10 EA. Return order created for 10 EA. then user inputs another line item for the same material for 10 EA.

Is this duplicate?

TW

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

TW Typewrite,

Sorry for inconvenience, Actually a and b both are my requirements,

a. Return order created with ref to an invoice. Invoice has 10 EA. Return order created for 10 EA. Another return order created for these same 10 EA.

Is this duplicate?

b. Return order created with ref to an invoice. Invoice has 10 EA. Return order created for 10 EA. then user inputs another line item for the same material for 10 EA.

Is this duplicate?

After solving point b issue, with above solution client come to know about point a issue. so b is resolved now I have to resolve a. 

thanks,

Siva Krishna

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

It is control by Copy Control : VTAF

Check in the item and there check you copying requirement, and Data Transferring...1,2,3 for its respective item cat.

By correcting this, your issue may get solve.

Regards

Parag Pandya

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Panday,

I have already maintained data transferring  as below, still system allow to new line items in return order.

DataT 153 Item from bill.doc.

DataT 104 Bill.bus.item data

DataT 004 Bill.item partner