Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown required in "CITY" field in customer create / change

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our client require drop down field in CITY field while creating customer master (FD01, XD01, FD02, XD02). By standard, that field is free field. Can we have such drop down in standard field.

Reason for requirement: Multiple reports are taken from city field. Some people write Delhi or New Delhi. Some people right Bombay or Mumbai. Hence data sorting is not happening properly.

Please help         

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

The SAP Standard field for City in Customer Master is text field so a F4 help or drop down list is not possible.

As an alternative, you may try the setting in the IMG Path: SPRO - SAP NetWeaver - General settings - Set Countries - Set Country-Specific Checks - Select necessary Country

Here under Further checks there is a check box for City file active. You can mark this indicator and maintain the further settings listed in the Postal Regional Structure (City file) as mentioned in the F1 help documentation.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I checked F1 help for city  file active. I didn;t got. Can you please help further in layman language

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Please have a look at SAP Note - 98050 - Adress checks, city file, regional structure.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible in standard, and I'm not sure if it would even be possible without repair. You'd better change master data template, and track city information in another field (KNA1-COUNC and KNA1-CITYC fields are designed for this purpose) or else need to go for development.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am fine for developement. Can you help me in, how to proceed with developement.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to work with your ABAPer. He'll probably look to see if an enhancement can be done with a search help. Otherwise a repair will be needed, which is not recommended.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

You can create Z-Table with list of possible cities, which can obviously be appended in future whenever you have customers from Cities that are not in the list.

You ABAP Team can insert a Customer code in enhancement points in Customer Create / Change program that would check the City entered against the cities listed in Z-Table and give a warning / error message.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta