Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating support package for SAP_APPL component

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Recently we are facing issues with excise invoice in our PRD server and hence we raised an incident to SAP. SAP has recommended to apply some notes after updating the support package of SAP_APPL from 00 to 01. However we haven't done any changes to our SAP_APPL component from the day it was implemented. Now since the requirement has occurred we have to update the support package. Should we also update the release of the component or should we only apply the support package. If yes what is the support package. will it be SAPKH<REL><NO>. Is there any dependent components that we need to update before this. Please help. I am also attaching the screenshot below. Request to check and revert.

Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

It is not at all recommended to update only one component SAP_APPL you may land up in many issues.

Best practice would be to use MOPZ or Maintenance planner from smp and generate stack file for

n-1 SPS. And update your system using SUM tool as suggested in above reply.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Your package name for SAP_APPL would be SAPKH61701

SAP_APPL will have lot of dependencies i.e direct dependency on SAP_AP, SAP_BS_FND and SAP_FIN. In turn the above three will have dependency on some other. So as suggested by Gaurav it would be better you generate stack and execute using SUM. If don't have such feasibility you need to manually look for each component dependencies and put them in the queue of SPAM.

But SUM would be the most recommended approach.

Regards,

Sri

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Generate the stack.xml using the MOPZ or Maintenance Planner tooland all dependency will be taken care by the tool.

Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

I think we can go with sap recommendation. Regd. dependent components, I think it will be included in prerequisites of support pack installation guide.

Regards,

Deepa.