cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisational data as contacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood that contacts were people and could be loaded through the contact / interaction file loads. Organisations were used for B2B scenarios and for customer profitability etc. Typically these are loaded through replication from ECC.

I have a colleague who wishes to load organisations from the contact load process by leaving off first and last names. Can someone tell me what the effect of this would be? I have been saying it can't be done but want to be certain I'm not jumping to conclusions.

Thanks

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

Our inbound interfaces are documented here:

SAP Hybris Marketing 1605 – SAP Help Portal Page -> "Data Management Upload Interfaces"

To load organizations, the best would be, to use the OData entity "Companies" (Chapter 6.4. "Importing Companies Using OData Service").

Answering your question: no, it can't be done using the contact. If you mean CSV-Files by "contact file load" - then there's a special option for companies too, named "Corporate Accounts" in the "Importa Data" app (there, you can also download a template of such a .csv file).

Best regards,

Nicolae Ciumac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. In our case we have an older version (1502) with only two csv options, contacts and interactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clifford

may I asked if this installation is for a customer of is it a "sandbox system" (at a partner ?) ?

The things is, Hybris Marketing is evolving so quickly with its quarterly shipment, many features come every quarter . so your "old" 1502 is really really far behind the current 1605 (shipped in Mai).

please consider to go to the latest version 🙂

best regards

Peter.

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

I would stress the same as Peter - it's time for you to upgrade

As a bad workaround, I explicitly mention BAD, you could extent the data model of the contact in the Back-End (ABAP AS) with an attribute, for ex. "is_company", which you'd set to true (='X') when uploading companies.

regards,

Nico

Answers (0)