cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX18 - Differences not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We run a weekly report in LX18 to help track our inventory accuracy. This week when running the report for 6th June - 12th June the report returned the table below showing that no counts had been performed during the period however a cross check using LX22 showed 5 documents cleared during this period.

Can anyone tell me how this could happen and what needs to be done to ensure accuracy going forward?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first column means "The number of quants that are counted and cleared"

the last column means "The number of storage bins for which there has not yet been an inventory and for which there is also no inventory active"

Are your quants from those 5 documents are still in your system, or have they been issued and deleted in the mean time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

The five documents have been counted/recounted where applicable and then cleared both in WM & MM below is the shot from LX22 showing they were done... I'm not sure what else you could mean by issuing?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If SAP is reading quants for the first coulumn  then this information is just no longer available after the quantity was issued since this deletes the quants

Try to find the quants that were counted in those 5 documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify - Are you saying that if the quants have moved (been issued) since the inventory was cleared they may not show in the first column?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, this is what I am saying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are quants "changed" when clearing an inventory even if there is no difference?

We have counted the bins in question again today with no differences and we have definitely not moved all quants since the counts performed on Both 9th and today.

The screen shot below is LX25 which shows no counts executed during the selection period (when the period is extended to show today it does show the counts performed, which includes all the bins that were counted last week)

Is there a better way to see a record of all counts done weekly that will not be overwritten in this manor (if that is what is happening)?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was mistaken. SAP does not read the quants in LX18, so this cannot explain why the first column has no value.

SAP reads only 3 tables: T301T, LAGP and LINV in LX18.

It then checks the fields  LINV-NANUM and  LINV-ISTAT, as documents with a recount indicator and cancellation indicator are not considered.

then it checks the field  LAGP-KZINV,

if that has a value then SAP compares the field content of   LINV-IVNUM with  LAGP-IVNUM

the record is not considered if those values do not equal.

if LAGP-KZINV is empty

then  SAP checks the indicator in field  LINV-ISTAT.

Documents where the status is not equal to L are also not considered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if I am drawing the right conclusion but what I took from that is that documents that have not been cancelled should be showing in the first column unless there are some issues with configuration?

Our site is the only remaining unit in the business that maintains a WM location and hence expertise in house has limits.

I have set up some time with a regional consultant next week to resolve.

Cheers

Daniel