Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi 4 & Java SDK - basic questions

former_member917911
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am just getting started researching getting data out of Webi.

Normally we would login to the webpage and create a query, put in some filters, with values and run the query.

I assume this all could be done automatically using Java (the advantage being that java can feed it the ID numbers for the filters automatically)

I guess the first step is to create the connection.

Then does the query need to exist or can java build it from scratch?

Can the result set be sent to local disk as xls?

Cheers

-Al

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

You will be able to do the majority of this using the Web Intelligence RESTful web services SDK (raylight).

There are samples included with the BI Platform install, but they are not installed by default.  A short video showing how to install and use the samples can be found here

Additionally, you'll need the documentation which is on the help.sap.com site:SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 – SAP Help Portal Page

This should help with getting started,

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member917911
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. The actual libraries for Java - can they be downloaded anywhere or do you need to get them from the installation media?

Cheers

-Al

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AI,

Not sure about what you're asking.

To use RESTful API, you don't need any JARs fil from BI4. RESTful APIs are agnostic and you just need to perform HTTP calls from the technology of your choice.

I may advice to look at the RESTful documentation to clarify how you can use it to acheive your workflow.

Best regards,

Anthony