Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SED

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GTS Experts,

I know the basic knowledge on SED( Shipment export declaration )

SED is created only when goods movement done.Could you you please explain me how it happens in real world.

Thanks a lot

Venu gopala reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

yes, you are understanding is right. SED means Shippers Export Declaration. when you are exporting your goods to the customer located in other geographical reason (for Example: India to US) ,then you need to get approval from the departing country Customs.

To get that approval you need to submit the Declaration specifying that you are sending the Goods or Materials to the Customer who is in US and clearly specify the Quantity for each Material and value  along with supporting documents like Invoice and Certificate of Origin (if required in specific Countries) with SED submit to Customs either Printing the documents or through EDI . once you submit the documents, the Customs Authorities will verify those documents and provide their approval,after getting the approval only you can proceed for your shipment.

In SAP we create Export Sales Order followed by Outbound Delivery and then will create Proforma Invoice. the Proforma Invoice will be transferred to GTS and there the Customs Declaration will be generated based on the settings you maintained in GTS System. once the Declaration is generated then you can process the SED and an IDOC will be generated (if you are using EDI) and the data will be transferred to Customs System through a middleware system . in another way you can print the documents and submit to Customs through Broker .

hope you understood the process , if you have any further clarifications please let us know.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you so much for your time on this post.

I am cleared,But only one doubt I am having please let me know.

Normally Costumes document and export declaration will be created automatically based on GTS setting once proforma invoice done.

But,How SED will be generated automatically at Customs office of export ?

Manually we are doing or automatically we will do?

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The SED will be generated automatically in GTS and submitted to carrier to submit to Customs for clearance.

Shippers Export Declaration is used for two purposes as mentioned below.

1. It Serves as a Census record for US export , with which the US government generates many reports with these statics.

2. Export License for the Materials appears in the Form.

generally SED is used to submit a prior intimation to Customs authorities about the Export with valid documents.

As i know SED is not required / submitted for all the Export transactions and only submitted for specific Materials or Products defined by Customs authorities in those countries. for US SED we use the FORM 7525-V for submitting to Customs .

hope you are clear now.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you so much.

You are saying SED is not required for all materials but SED will be created automatically.

2 Questions  from me..

I want to know where we can make setting not to generate SED.?

And where we can check SED same like export declarations ?

Thank a lot

Answers (0)