cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Server-Side Rendering of UI5 Visualizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am currently working with MII 15.0 SP4 and am wondering if it is possible to render UI5 visualizations like i5Charts and i5SPCCharts server-side. 

For legacy Java-based visualizations like iCharts and iSPCCharts, MII Workbench includes a Chart action block which will generate base-64 encoded image strings.  UI5 Visualizations appear to execute client side JavaScript to generate SVG objects.  Since MII Workbench includes SVG-based action blocks, the ability to consume the generated output would work nicely if possible.

The overall goal of this request would be to generate and pass an i5Chart in it's native vector format into a ADS Printing action block which would generate a pure vector PDF document.

While not ideal,  I am currently resorted to generating a Java-based iChart (raster format) and using it within the generated PDF document.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

This feature is not yet available for UI5 objects in MII.

Thanks,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, Ria!

Is the delivery of this feature in the current MII roadmap and if so can you please provide the projected timeline.

Thanks,

Mike Teti

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The technical feasibility of this requirement is still being analyzed, hence timeline is not yet available.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria