cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MS and VO in Message Monitoring.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between MS and VO in message monitoring, both the messages looks same. I want to check the output message, but the one with status delivered does seems like output message.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK to be more technical.

VO is output of Outbound XML validation as told before. IF you are on AAE or say you are using ICO then validation happens in adapter engine and the component for XML validation resides on both sender and receiver adapter. So there is nothing like that validation is done and then receiver adapter is called. Adapter has more than one function to perform and routing to final destination and validation and conversion to desired format are some of the function.

Conversion to desired format happens in the very last. So everything happens inside the adapter.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek I understand what you said, but my only question from the beginning is there any way to check final output message sent to TP, as VO is missing to show the format of the file right as showed in my earlier screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have been trying to say that thinking that you will be thorough with additional untold content on adapter functionalities. Anyways my bad.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Using staging and logging options for processing steps of a Messaging System (like MS and VO discussed here) will only show XML representation of the processed message, since Messaging System of Adapter Engine handles messages in their XML representation, not in adapter type / protocol specific format.

Conversion of the XML message to a protocol and communication technique specific format (for example, file, JDBC call, JMS message, RFC call, SOAP message, etc., depending on the used adapter type) is performed by corresponding adapter application, which is in general not logged and is not displayed in Message Monitor or other built-in monitoring tools of the PI system. There are some exceptions here which were outcome of adapter specific enhancements (for example, REST adapter is capable of logging JSON representations of accepted and sent messages, HTTP and SOAP adapters are capable of tracing corresponding HTTP communication processed through them), but SFTP adapter, as to my knowledge, does not have such capabilities.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

VO is outbound validation which is meant to validate the outgoing data. This validation is mainly for XML schema validation. VO is not the message produced just after the mapping but its the message which is built and sent to target system.

VO is the message which is delivered to the Client.

Please refer the link it will cleared and it will be precise.

Abhishek

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek.

As you said If VO is the message which is delivered to the Client, then it should be in the .txt format right....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

Could you please confirm whether PI shows messages in monitoring which are not XML. My take on that one is no as PI is XML based component and anything which is logged inside PI is only xml. Any adapter has two ends i.e. outbound and inbound. One of the functionality of these adapter engine to convert to and from XML to respective format. Now this BI, MS or VO these are adapter engine message staging inside adapter engine and inside adapter engine every data is represented as XML. VO is what goes out which gets converted to the configured format at last step of adapter engine. You can verify the logging if you have set it up to see what format data comes out.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

VO is after XML validation if am not wrong.

SO I dont think you will find .txt file since it will be done at adapter level.

Check Vadims link and see if any additional logging is possible to see the .txt

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The output I have set it as SFTP adapter, and in the archive am seeing the file in .TXT format and even the data inside the file is text format, but the VO is showing as XML format.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are right Raghu.

VO is happening  after outbound xml validation step and before receiver adapter step, so we can just see the data going to client in VO but not the format.

In Vadims blog its not mentioned how to check the data after passing through the receiver adapter step. So here my question is there any way we can check the data which sent to the TP.

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

MS is before mapping step and VO is the one delivered,So you can the delivered message(O/P) you can check the VO step.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek and Raghu.

But the thing here is: the MS and VO both showing as same messages, the interface is proxy to SFTP, so the target message should be in .txt (file) format right, but in the VO it is same as input XML message format. Hope am clear...

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

You converting the XML to Txt using beans or FCC?

Check Vadims link shared by Abhishek it should give u all details.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using XML2PLAIN in module config I am converting to .txt format. Yeah I saw Vadim's blog, it gave me lot of information, but i am not sure why VO is still showing XML format instead of .txt.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I guess VO is the one which is after XML Validaiton so I dont think you will get the .txt format message as it will be handled by adapter after xml validaiton.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, so that's not the message which is delivered to the TP right... what meant by xml validation? do you mean VO is the message produced after message mapping? If I want to check the message which is delivered to the client, where can I check that? is there any setting need to be done for that?