Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Table Overflow Issue

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a form that is required for our India business which will be printed for billing documents. I have a table with 5 columns. The first column is for the billing document line item number. I then merged the last four columns together and inserted a table with 23 rows and 4 columns. So each billing document line will have 23 rows of information:

The header data, which prints before this table, contains an address which will only print on the first page. So, depending on the number of lines in the header address, the first page of the document will contain only the header information. The table does not start printing until the second page. After that, the table flows properly. I.e.: If not all 23 values for a line item will fit on the page, the table will break and the remaining values will print on the following page. The Main subform for the page is set as flowed. Since the line items will break properly after the first page, I'm not sure what setting I have wrong. I REALLY need some help on this as this is supposed to go live next week.

Thanks!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Does any one have any ideas for me? I've been playing with this for 2 days and I'm totally stumped. When I view the form using Preview PDF in SFP, the form flows fine. However, when I actually do a print preview in VF03, the table starts on the second page instead of the first page below the heading information. While debugging, I found that if I deleted enough of the address lines to give the table enough space for the first item to fit, then it will start printing on the first page and flow properly to the second.

With full address:

Page 1

Page 2

When I delete enough lines from the address so the first line will fit:

Page 1

I could really use some help.

Thanks!

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

You write "Preview PDF in SFP" works. This is in LiveCycle Designer with preview using data generated by the full trace option in SFP? In other words the same data is used in preview and VF03.

1) Let's assume this is the case but the rendering is different. LC Designer comes with its own rendering library (to be able to do a preview without server). So there might be slight differences between Designer PDF Preview and ADS rendering the PDF due to different library versions (e.g. bug fixes for ADS). I've seen customers only updating Designer but not ADS and then seeing issues only when rendered by ADS (issue was fixed in Designer).

Another issue why preview and ADS output is different could be fonts that are used but not available for ADS and font substitution kicks in. Different fonts usually have different metrics what impacts the layout and page breaks.

2) Looking at your forms hierarchy, DetailTbl and DetailRow both need to have "Allow page breaks in content" enabled. The screenshots look like you did not check it for DetailRow.

Best,

Juergen

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Your assumption is correct. I used the XML that was created from VF03 when Very Detailed Trace was active.

I've asked our BASIS team to check on any available updates for the ADS. I believe they were going to open a ticket with SAP.

I'm currently using LiveCycle Designer version 10.4. We also have an older version that is used through Citrix which I believe is version 8. I asked a colleague, who has access to Citrix, to check the results using this older version. When he did, the PDF rendered the same as it did in version 10.4. So basically, using the older version did not make any difference to the rendered PDF. I'm not sure when the last update was performed on the ADS, so I'm not sure if this actually proves anything......

To answer your other queries:

1. The font that I'm using is Arial, which is the same font that we use for all of our forms.

2. I have "Allow page breaks in content" enabled for: DetailTbl, DetailRow, and all of the rows within Table1. The option was greyed for Table1 itself.

I welcome any other suggestions while I wait to hear back from BASIS.

Thanks!

Julie

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I've now got this working! I selected the DetailRow and then selected 'Group as Section'. I have to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what this does. I did some Googling and only found explanations saying that it groups the rows together, but not really why you would want/need to use it. But for some reason, when I did this, the detail table then started printing properly starting on the first page.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Julie

Answers (0)