Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with JMS Sender EOIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Background:

We have developed a JMS to IDoc scenario in our PO 7.4 system. The sender system is a Weblogic BEA system.

We have set-up Quality of Service="Exactly Once In Order" with Queue ID "EOIOqueueName" in order to enable serialization which is a business requirement. In the Connector Settings we have set-up "Use Message Listener Based Connector" in order to make sure that only one node out of the 4 available in the system are looking-up/fetching incoming messages at a given time. In the CC Monitoring the rest nodes are correctly shown as inactive marked in a yellow triangle.

The issue we are facing is the following:

Whereas sometimes the Communication Channel operates smoothly, i.e. it processes messages at a high average throughput, there are several times wherein then Channel either stops fetching messages and remains stale/idle or the average throughput is very low. In the last 2 cases, there are 3K-4K messages in the sender system's queue which remain unprocessed. In order to overcome the issue a restart of the Communication Channel is needed with which the processing rate is temporarily increased and messages are flowing through again.

Do you have any idea what might be the root cause?

Please note that in earlier PI version 7.0 we weren't facing such an issue.

Kind Regards,

Evaggelos Gkatzios

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My only thought here would be to check for Driver Compatibility and if there is a driver parameter that can be set to do a auto reconnect etc. Sorry not much to work on but I would defintely look at the Driver Documentation and its parameters. If you can share the driver used, maybe we can also probe

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also worth checking if the driver versions are correct as per this SAP note : 1090516 - XI JMS Adapter and Oracle Weblogic JMS: FAQ

If you are on a 3.x/7.0x release, the adapter can connect to Oracle Weblogic 8.x versions. Oracle Weblogic 9.x and above however use a JDK 5.0 runtime environment for both server and client and thus these drivers cannot be used on 3.x/7.0x which are meant to operate in a JDK 1.4 environment.

PI 7.1+ and PI 7.3 can connect to Oracle Weblogic 9.x and 10.x. Please use the version of the driver associated with these releases and not an older driver.

As per this note : Weblogic 8.x uses JDK 1.4 and hence is supported on XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 and Weblogic 9.x and above uses JDK 1.5 and above and hence support from PI  7.1x. If you were connecting to PI 7.0 previously I assume you are using Weblogic 8.x on PO 7.4 and hence the version incompatibility could be causing this issue due to different JDK Releases.

Regards

Bhavesh