cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.7 SP1 patch 1 update Error:database is locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing this issue when updating BI from 4.0 SP5 to 4.1 SP7 Patch 1 on Windows 2008 R2 SP 1 OS.

11:56:24.530 Adding property: wdeploy.script-4.0-core$tomcatasinstance.  Value: localhost

11:56:24.530 Adding property: wdeploy.script-4.0-core$tomcatasservicename.  Value: BOEXI40Tomcat

11:56:24.624 Error: Error in SqliteTable::ExecQuery():

11:56:24.624 Error:   Statement: RELEASE UpdateDUProperties

11:56:24.624 Error:   Error:     database is locked

11:56:24.764 UI thread has terminated properly

11:56:24.920 SqliteManifest's sqlite db is successfully closed at C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\WorkingManifest.sqlite

11:56:24.920 Closed manifest C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\WorkingManifest.sqlite

11:56:24.920 Error: Exception thrown while accessing manifest (caught ManifestAccessException) :

11:56:24.936 Error:   Statement: RELEASE UpdateDUProperties

11:56:24.936 Error:   Error:     database is locked

11:56:24.936 Error: Note that even though the program has terminated abnormally, the manifest should not be left in a corrupt state.

11:56:24.936 Error: Internal error detected. Program will exit.

11:56:34.967 Exiting Windows wmain function

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

And also we are planning to update to SP7 Patch 4. Is that going to cause any issue?

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you restart your Database and try again ?

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your reply. We did restart the database. It seems that it is not related to the data database. Looks like it is related to the local sqlite database. Here is the inventory.txt under the InstallData folder. Looks like the Patch 1 we tried to update still in progress.

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP4 update (14.0.4.738)

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP5 update (14.0.5.882)

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP5 Patch 1 update (14.0.5.915)

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP5 Patch 5 update (14.0.5.1003)

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.1 SP7 update (14.1.7.1853)

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.1 SP7 Patch 1 update  (14.1.7.1933) Install In progress...

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0  SP2 (14.0.2.364) - en

There are some errors in the ErrorsAndWarnings.log being produced during the update. Please let me know if you need the log file.

Thanks,

Michael

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to repair that installation and see if that status remove.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried reinstalling the software. And it ended up with some other errors. Could you please advise the procedure for how to repair that installation?

Thanks,

Michael

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

When you go to control pannel >> select software and once you select software there must be new button on top of the screen which will say uninstall/change.

NOTE: Do not click on button if its showing uninstall option only.

Press uninstall change and on next screen on installer select repair.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh. I will try your approach later and keep you posted. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question, since this is production server and is currently running, any risk by doing the repair and how long it will take?

Thanks,

Michael

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have full backup of your system. This will take same time as you installing new.

-Yogesh

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

I have the same issue but I am on RH Linux.  How do I fix it?

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any updates on this issue?

We currently experience the same issue with Design Studio update to 4.2

Please tell how you fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Guy

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have suggested he must resolve issue with repair but did not get chance to mark answer correct or not.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm tempted to say that something else might be happening where the installer is trying to perform a task on a file or process that is already in that state. For example, trying to issue database start while the database is already in a started state. For that reason I would say take a look at 1755340 - Avoid file locking while performing BI platform 4.0 updates if all else fails. If you try the update again and it complains about database unavailable or something like that then you have more of an idea of where to go as long as the error message changes. If it doesn't change, try restarting your server if at all possible and try the update again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I found the solution here: https://scn.sap.com/thread/2099484

You cannot do a repair once you get this issue, it will try to make you continue from the same spot it stopped but it won't work.

You need to open the "InstallManifest.SQLite" file that is located inside the InstallData folder under SAP BusinessObjects folder.

Once you open browse this database, go to "DUTransaction" table and search for any zero (0) value under "committed" column and change it to 1.

save the database and then try to install again.