cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP considerations when implementing Outbound and Inbound proxies

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone shortly explain me what should be the considerations from ABAP side when developing outbound and inbound proxies in SAP ERP backend?

To be more precise, when developing the code what should be the approach in both the cases?

Thank you!

BR,

Omkar Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

You have to considered what XSD/WSDL specifications are supported whe you define your service interfaces. Check this link Supported XML Schema and WSDL (SAP NW PI 7.1) Excel List

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Thank you for your valuable links.

I am ABAP certified however, never got chance to work into this development objects. So wanted to know how to go about it.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar!

As proxy is just a class generated for calling PI/receiving calls from PI with defined parameters, I think, there is no special considerations for ABAP implementation. Just follow considerations for ABAP programming.

Regards, Evgeniy.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Omkar..

You should give the answer then.

I don't think any special considerations are required as suggested by other expert as well.

You can check the link on how to proceed.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Omkar,

Considerations should be for performance ensure you have less looping to ensure code runs in quicker time.(Abaper should help you more on this)

Check the below links to get an idea

ABAP proxy provider implementation and testing - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

SAPTechnical.COM - XI - ABAP Proxy communication