Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurs: for input string: "xxx"

BjörnKorioth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I am connecting SAP Lumira with my ERP 7.02 via infosets.

The infosets (created via SQ_REPORT_INFOSET) are based on datasources which are not empty. (Checked it with transaction RSA3).

Now Lumira connects perfectly with the ERP and everything seems to be nice. But as soon as I want to get a preview of the acquired data, I get the message:

'for input string: "xxx" '

Depending on which Datasource I am trying to connect to, the String is empty or has a number in it.

The weird thing is, that this error will just happen, if the datasource has lots of entries. It will work completely fine if the datasource just has i.e. just 2 entries.

Had anyone else a similar issue with Lumira, or could it be that infosets based on datasources can't transfer a bigger amount of data?

Thanks in advance

Björn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BjörnKorioth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ok guys, i found out that this problem was caused by a timestamp field in the table. After I didn't select it i could get the preview. Thanks for your help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

Is this issue related to the previous error while previewing from ERP. ?

I would try out Tammy's suggestion of using a layer in between like BW as a workaround to check whether you can overcome the data limitations. As according to best practices, using an EDW over an OLTP source system has made the it really efficient while consuming data into front end tools.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

BjörnKorioth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

yes it is related to the issue, because it is the same system, but another infoset. The HDB error just occurs at one infoset, while this error occurs, while acquiring the other infosets.

I can see, that it would probably be the better workaround to connect it via a BW, but I want to find a solution for older and smaller systems due to possible customer limitations. (Otherwise I would prob. use a HANA System).

Greetings

Björn

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

I understand. But if you have the option of using HANA as the database, then you can connect to many of these data sources and build appropriate views. This can be consumed into Lumira more efficiently.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bjoern,

I am really "guessing" at this point

Solution Manager is based on 702, and when this error occurred, this wiki is suggesting a patch - https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EEM/Troubleshooting+7.1

Is your 702 system fully patched?

Separately, if you can see the data source via RSA3, can you create a BEx query on it?  It is easier (in my view) for Lumira to consume a BEx query than create a Freehand SQL against the ERP infoset