Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Credit memo request generated during automatic settlement of rebate

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a rebate agreement and a few order for that agreement to test the rebate configuration in the system. I can see the accrued rebate amount and also perform partial settlement. A credit memo request gets generated when I create a partial settlement.

However when I try to do an automatic settlement of rebate I get a pop up that a credit memo request has been generated and the agreement status also gets closed after that. But no credit memo request gets generated.

I tried creating other agreement and the partial payment and "execute settlement" options are working. However when I try      "Rebate Payments" --> Final Settlement --> Automatic,  only a pop up comes that credit memo request has been created but in the system no credit memo request is created.

Can anyone explain why even after having the pop up confirmation and the status of rebate getting changed to "D- Final Settlement of Agreement Already Carried Out" credit memo request is not getting generated in the system.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

When you make automatic final settlement in rebate agreement from trx VBO2, the system shows the pop up message you can see, and it also changes the status of the rebate agreement to D. But the credit memo request is actually created when you save changes of rebate agreement.

Have you saved changes in rebate agreement before checking credit memo request?

Please confirm.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Saving the agreement was the step which I did not perform. Actually when the system generated the pop up I thought that the credit memo has been generated so I started check for it in another session keeping the agreement open in VBO2 without saving it.

Thanks for the reply,

Can you pleas also provide solution to

Regards,

Vishal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal,

Your reference to agreement status D makes things confusing to me.

When you have chosen automatic final settlement, the system gives a popup. When you save the popup, in the status bar (at the bottom) you can see the CMR. At this point, the agreement status changes to C (and not D).

After creating the credit memo in VA02, then the agreement status change to (finally) D and the agreement is in display mode.

This behavior of clicking the popup and only after that the CMR will be generated also happens during partial rebate settlement.

My preference is to go to the display of an agreement and see the rebate documents from inside the agreement. Also, in all these settlement documents, you can select by inputting the rebate agreement no. in the header of both CMR and CM i.e. VBAK and VBRK.

TW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Agreement status should be "B" to generate a credit memo.

G. Lakshmipathi