cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error with sapinst installation on suse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I'm very new in sap and I've been asked to install net weaver on the last build of SLES computer, every time I run ./sapinst I get "cannot execute binary file". it is frustrating because I've been searching all over internet for a step by step guide but no luck so far.

can someome help me maybe ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Based on the error message it appears to me that the installer you have downloaded is not the correct one for Linux (Suse Linux). Download the correct archive and check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I didn't have the correct one, I do now, can you please guide me on the installation process?

regards

Jonathan

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

At least we would need to know, what you need to install. It is impossible to gide you through "a SAP installation" as there are lots of products and you could install seperate application servers and so on. This is why SAP is providing lot of dokumennation arround installing and updating SAP workloads.
You should begin to read the so called "Master Guide" for the product you want to install. Then to continue with the installation guide.
I hope your indtallation will not be used for productive usage as you need a lot of deep knowledge like after-installation-taks to implement a good and useful SAP installation.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you send us the output of "uname -a" and "file sapinst"? Maybe you just have a different architecture (system vs. binary)?

manoj2910
Participant
0 Kudos

It should be executable with the right media. You can figure it out by checking the permissions.

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

is your SWPM is download correctly and did you set the xclock to open the display .

run via VNC it will set ur session for display and try.

Regards ,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit, thanks for the reply, as I said I quiet have zero knowledge in SAP, I'm actually a web developer.

I've been given the SWPM file on a .SAR format that I managed to uncompress, from there I tried to install it but nothing...

it will be awesome if you could help me step by step from level zero.

regards,

Jonathan