cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA webdispatcher and statisticsserver don't start

0 Kudos

Hi, we run a HANA image on AWS and today some services didn't start:

This is how it looks:

I did a manual stop and restart, but this has no effect.

sapstartsrv.log looks normal for me? (please see attachment)

Do you have any ideas where to start searching?

Thanks in advance

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check SAP Note 2222249?

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thank you for the hint. This pointed me to SAP Note 229116. Now all services are green and the statisticsserver is gone. Tried a backup. Didn't work. Restarted the server. Backup worked. I successfully run a backup. The server seems to be stable. At the end I don't know what happened.

Thanks and BR

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

That's good to hear and thanks for the feedback. Good to know for the future.

So you deactivated the statisticsserver as per ESS and that got you back up and running.

I'll have to get my hands on a rev95 to see if it is delivered with ESS by default.

Cheers,

Amerjit

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP9 is delivered with ESS as default for sure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

As a starting point look in the trace files for the services that didn't start. You will find a trace file per service under: /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/<host>/trace

As a point to note, I see you are still running with a statisticsserver. It has been recommended for quite a long time now to migrate to the ESS.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hello Amerjit,

the only error message I found so far is in statisticserver_hanaserver.30005.000.trc

TREXIndexServer.cpp(01068) : assign failed with persistence startup error. exception  1: no.71000003  (Metadata/objects/CatalogIdGenerator.cpp:153)

exceed maximum value of OID

Don''t know what it means and found no explanation in the web?

KR,

Stephan

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried giving the Stats service more memory to start?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Please upload (zipped) the trace files of the services that don't start. If after zipping the files are too big, please paste in the last 200 lines of each file.

As a point of curiosity, how much memory does your AWS system have ?

Some in parallel reading for you, please have a look at the following note that guides you through how to migrate to the ESS #2092033.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hi Michael, I gave it 20%. KR, Stephan

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try giving it more memory until it comes up. Then please embed the stats server as soon as you can.

0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

I attached 3 logs.

The AWS System has 120 GB memory.

Thanks, Stephan

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

under Configuration > nameserver.ini > statisticserver, the property "active" is green and true. Does it mean I already run the embed stats server?

And I mentioned that under Configuration > statisticsserver.ini > statisticsserver_general, the property "active" is false and green!

The server was provided by SAP/AMAZON on AWD, so I havn't done any configuration yet. Either this was from beginning or an migration started without my attention?

BR, Stephan

Message was edited by: Stephan Schaumburg-Lippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for that. We can put any OOM issues to the side (would have been too easy).

Has this instance started up in the past or is this a fresh install that you are firing up ?

As you already spotted yourself the startup fails with "maximum value of OID exceeded" and the only context under which I'm familiar with OID is (O)bject ID (internal unique ID for created objects). Like you I find nothing that gives me any additional hints.

As I can't bring anything more useful to the table I'd wait and see what Former Member or might come up with as they are both from the SAP mother ship.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hello Amerjit,

the instance started up without problems for about 3 months now. I stopped and started the server using the AWS Console. Now I know this is not the best way. In the future I will start/stop the database before start/stop the server.

BR

Stephan