cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map with default Value Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having the following quires regarding the Map with Default Value functionality related ..

1. We are using one Structure having 300 fields .. As per the business requirement have to use the functionality with default same value passed to the target as a space . means for 300 fields structure  we are using every field with the functionality of the space.

Is there any option for applying the functionality for all fields in the mapping level at a time ?

2. Is there any limitations for this functionality ?

3. what was the variation between normal 1-1 mapping and using the functionality in middle in the processing ?

Regards ,

Azmath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Scenario not clear to me.please try to explain.

former_member203665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Not sure but give it a try, map one or two of the fields with default value, export the mapping, open it in any text editor, take the fields you mapped with constant/default value as reference and copy that text, find a relevant pattern in all the remaining fields and replace all with the copied text, import back the mapping.

BR,

Shashank

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about adding "default" at data type level of target structure using e.g. text editor and "find &replace" functionality?

/Jakub

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to pass the default/same value, you can use constant to map to all the target fields.

regards,

Harish

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish I guess I told the same answer.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shaik,

You wish to pass the same value to all the output fields?

You can even use constant and hardcode the value