cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error msg about compliance management in the PO created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

When i create the PO, if the compliance check is blocked. can we set an error message that can not save the PO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

i understood your requirement as you would like to avoid of creating PO if the GTS system blocks after doing screening . i can say This is Not POSSIBLE in Standard Process as per the SAP .

so, as per your requirement if you want to do a screening before saving the PO, you better do screening of BP individually in GTS and then create the PO document(it also possible only the volume of POs are less per day). if it is not possible then you need to do enhancement as once you enter the Vendor in the PO, then backend that vendor should be screened in GTS and updated the results in ECC and then it should either save the PO or block the PO Creation based on the Screening results. but for this you need spend time with the help of your technical team.

i would suggest to do a Periodic screening every week if your BP master data volume is less to make sure that transactions can be processed without any blocks.

@ Hi GTS Experts,

please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, our business case is simple. Users only want to check all the compliance when save the PO. foregin trade team found the issue later , if the error message shows in the GTS.

may be we don't familar with the GTS work way,

Does the correct way to train the foregin trade team to monter the case every day?

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As i mentioned earlier, it is essential that compliance blocks are monitored/reviewed by someone, in this case foreign trade team. You can setup system to trigger email notification for blocked documents to make the life easier. Compliance log in GTS gives a detailed view of why document is blocked and necessary action can be taken based on that.

hope this helps.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As suggested by Kul, it is must to monitor the Foreign Trade transactions closely and need to take necessary action, if the system put a block on the documents. in GTS SAP has provided the option of sending Mails to Blocked Documents. you can activate the check in SPL Control Settings > Notifications as shown below.

you can check the step by step configuration document given by Kul in the below link.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-73064

Message was edited by: srinivas yellampalli

derek_yang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

I imagine it is only possible to run a simulation call to GTS beforehand in order to prevent the saving of PO. You can run the simulation call, then intepret the check status returned from SAP GTS, and react the next.

But unforunately, this is not supported in the standard SAP GTS function.

Moreover, I don't understand your business case here, can you please share more? In this scenario, do you want the document generated in SAP GTS?

Regards,

Derek

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose.

This is not possible in standard though you can try some enhancement.

As per standard, you always want to review the block before really deciding whether to proceed with the transaction or not. License block is a kind of soft block where you can always proceed with the transaction by assigning a valid license whereas SPL block is a kind of hard block but still you always want compliance team to review the block to see if it is not a false block.

Setting up system such that it doesn't create a document if compliance block is encountered doesn't make sense to me.

it would be good if you can provide the business scenario or justification for such requirement.

thanks,

Kul Vaibhav

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

I Hope,It is not possible with out program change.

Please let me know your business process.

As system should check the compliance managment   ( Embargo,Licence,Sanctioned party List ) before document being generated ..If positive it should allow..Or not it should give error .

Thanks a lot

Venu gopala reddy