cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any alternative to the BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL which is used to extract live cache key figures?

Alternative is needed because this BAPI is giving very bad performance when i try to extract 9 key figures at a time.I am using SCM 4.0.

Please help and gain full points.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan Dubey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan - does BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 exist in your system? I think this exists in 4.0 - it is a newer version and should be used instead. I think you can optimize your use of this function module - can you provide code that you are using? Because of the nature of this function module the more KF's you are retrieving in one execution the more processing occurs - it is not fast but it can be brought into an acceptable perfomance time.

There are alternatives to retrieving the data using function modules that read from livecache but you will need to rewrite your code and call multiple fm's in order to get your data. This may not necessarily be faster because of the number of order types. I think trying to optimze what you have is the starting point.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hjkjhkhjk

Message was edited by:

Chandan Dubey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 doesn't exist in 4.0. I have pasted the code above, i club all 9 key figures and feed that to BAPI in a wrapper of 500 to 700 records. I call the BAPI per location. There is one more function module i am using which calculates inventory key figures, performance of which i have not checked.... but i think the function module is fast enough.

Now is this bapi giving a bad performance because of 9 key figures??

Will the performance improve if i call the bapi in a loop for these 9 key figures separately??

Apart from that if you find something improper in code please suggest....

Thanks a lot

Chandan Dubey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of Livecache data is it? Are these Order series KF?

You can use the process of Extracting planning area data as follows

Generate a data source from the planning area

Create an extraction cube and load it through the datasource

Use an openhub/infospoke to extract this data from the cube

check the link here (should be the same in 4.0)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Harish,

I need to extract the LIVE CACHE KEY FIGURES using ABAP only.As interfacing with BW may fall out of the scope.

These key figures are Dependent Demand, Customer Orders, Customer Independent Req (Forecasts) etc. (I think they are order series).

So if there is any other BAPI or ABAP which i can use alternatively to improve performance. Otherwise i have to find a solution like scheduling parallel jobs for each location separately, which i am still investigating !!

thanks in advance,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Chandan

Not sure of the ABAP

This does not interface with BW but the inbuilt BW which is part of SCM.

Though it looks like all your KF can be extracted by the method i mentioned...

you can try to parallel process the planning books by smaller periods too