cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large message handling in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

PI team is unable to send mails larger in size. So me as a basis person changed the value of messaging.largemessage.threshold and messaging.largemessage.blacklistXLMessage as per the following scn link and oss note

Properties Related to Large Message Handling - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - ...

But even then messages are faling with the same error as below

unable to call the mailer: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint  [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to .; 552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limi

Can someone please help.

Regards,

Vishwanath B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwanatha

What is the size of message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raghuraman

Size is 17 mb and under java system properties for large message handling we have set threshold to 19 mb and blacklist parameter has been disabled. Large message handling is also enabled. No. Of permits per server node is 10. System was restarted after changing these parameters... But no luck.

Regards

Vishwanath

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the limitation in mail server, you need to increase the maximum size limit in the mail server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen

Can you let me know how to do that.

Regards

Vishwanath

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwanathan,

As praveen mentioned, this is not the limitation of the PI system. The size has been restricted in the mail server.

What is the mail server you are using? If Microsoft Exchange server, then you can refer to the below support link from Microsoft. We had referred this for our scenario -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322679

Regards,

Nitin

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322679

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin

I'm sure but  it's not Microsoft Exchange server.for sure  Anyway to find that out? We are running our pi system on Linux box.

Regards

Vishwanath b

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishwanath,

I am talking about mail server configured in your PI Mail receiver channel. There you need to increase the message size limit. It must be done from 3rd party mail server end and not from SAP PI end.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nitin / All,

I logged into my sap pi system and in tx SCOT , i found that under SMTP connections - > outbound messages -> SMTP nodes, the mail server is defined as "SMTP mail server". Am not sure if this is the one.

Also, under settings, as seen in the attachment, there is no size defined. Is this the one which we have to look for or anything else ? Please let me know.

Regards,

Vishwanath B

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

As i already told you, size limit has not been restricted from PI end. It has been restricted from your receiver mail server end, your 3rd party.

Please ask your 3rd party server team to increase the size limit.

Nothing needs to be done from PI end.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I have contacted the mail server team here and they said that the following

"We have checked the mail relay log files the last two weeks and they can not see the email:
Mail Subject: POS Error Records"

It seems like the email has been blocked in SAP."

Can you please guide me now how to proceed.

Regards,

Vishwanath B

Former Member
0 Kudos

And one more thing, i asked them what is the size limit configured, they said its 25 MB configured, so a attachment with 17MB size should easily pass through right ?

Regards,

Vishwanath B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

can anyone help me plz

BR

vishwanath B

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwa,

Was this scenario working before? Are the connection between your PI server and your mail 3rd party open? because the error also says server is not responding.

Please check if the connections are open and try sending less data with the size in KBs and lets check if this is the issue of connection or the message size.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

thanks for the reply.

Mail server team say there is a hard limit of 25 MB for emails. I assume the conenctions are open since mails less tha 15 mb are being sent successfully ?

Regards,

Vishwanath B