Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid user id to do Result recording

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to select an inspection lot from QA32 and choosing Results button to enter the inspection results, system is showing an error " Invalid user id to the results recording".

Inspection lot generated for SD Delivery using inspection type 10, lot origin 10 and usage 06 (Goods Issue).

One observation here is Inspection lot generated for Inspection type 01 is allowing me to get into Results recording screen to enter the inspection results, where as Inspection lot generated for Inspection type 10 is not allowing me to get into the results recording screen instead it shows an error.

Thanks all for your time and helping us.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender,

Please take SU53 Screenshot as soon as you get the error message, and as already suggested by Sarfaraz, share that with BASIS/Security team for further assistance.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked SU53 for both inspection types(i.e. 01 & 10) results recording, I could not find any difference in SU53 details and there is no error of authorization missing. I am confused where the setting missed out. Is this still authorization issues? or need any additional setting.

One observation here is, even after removing inspector name, system still shows the same error " Invalid user id to the results recording".

Thank you for helping us.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender,

I still suspect this is related to missing authorization for your user ID for recording results of inspection type 10 from delivery.

In case you are allowed for update results for inspection type 01 in QE01 or QE51N, then you should also be allowed to go inside inspection lots with inspection type 10. But looks like some custom authorization objects may be stopping you. If you have checked the authorization objects for your user ID, and SU53 screenshot (immediately after getting the error message for inspection type 10), please can you check the error message number? Share the details. Also, please check if you are using any 'Parameter ID' (like QER, etc) in your user ID profile.

Keep checking this issue with your Basis/Security team for more details.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you very much for your back to back to help.

I have shown this issue to Basis consultant about the authorization issue, as per them it is not because of authorization rather it is technical issue. I am not sure what type of technical issue is about.

Another thing is that there is no Parameter ID " QER" used for user ID profile. It is really confusing.

Did I miss any configuration setting ?.

Thank you,.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender,

If parameter ID is not there in your user profile, then that's not an issue at all, and there is nothing missing form config point of view. If your Basis team is suggesting that the issue in your hand is coming due to some coding issue, I suppose you should check with technical team too. Hopefully the error message you have is a custom one, and so is the feedback form your Basis team!

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

One observation here is there is message number I could see along with error.

system only shows the error text " Invalid User ID to do Results recording." without message number.

We can not even elaborate the error by double clicking.

Thank you

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender,

Now that's what your ABAP team can help you. This is a custom error and we can't help much here.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks a lot for your  quick and back to back support on this issue.

Your help is appreciated. As you said we have approached ABAPer, he debugged and figured out the root cause of that error.

Analysis: There is a technical enhancement observed in which system will look for the Employee number along with SAP user ID must be maintained first in HR master. We don't have record on our User ID in HR employee master record, hence system is not allowing us to record the results for inspection lots generated for Inspection type 10. It is a validation enhancement developed for inspection type 10 alone.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your authorization for this Inspection type with your Basis Administrator. You need authorization for each inspection type to do RR and UD.

Regards,

S Ahmed

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarfaraz for your quick response and helping us.

Let me have a look on authorization for the inspection type 10.

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Sarfaraz,

I have checked for authorization, I could not find any authorization error in SU53 transaction.

Is there any other ways to verify the cause of this issue, do we need any config setting to enable User id to enter the results recording for the inspection lot generated for inspection type 10.

Please provide us the details if you have any such similar cases.

Thank you.