cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Desktop install on Win Server 2012 doesn't complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing Lumira Desktop 1.30 (64bit) on Windows Server 2012 and it is running for 12 hours now without completing, below is the screenshot.

Not sure why this happens please provide any inputs I want to install LS4BIP as soon as this completes Also please let me know the procedure to connect/configure LD - LS4BIP to BIP (if there are any steps)

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kris - I would stop the installation, clear out the Lumira folders, and try the installation again.  It should work.

As for steps to install / configure LS4BIP the steps are covered in the SAP Help http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/lumS4BIP1/en/lumS4BIP_130_admin_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the quickest response,

I tried uninstall from programs and features and got this error.

Do I delete SAP Lumira folder from Program files in C: and would it corrupt or need any registry changes, Please suggest

Thanks, Kris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see Zahid's suggested solution here: Installer has detected that a previous operatio... | SCN

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you keep a backup of the SAP Lumira folder under programs and then delete it. You can also clear the SAP Lumira documents under My Documents. This should be simple and not require any registry changes or lead to corruption.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you Tammy and Varun! I can connect from LD to BIP with the ipaddress instead of localhost, I learned that both are on the same network and BI client tools or Lumira for that matter can connect to BIP.

I didn't need any configurations too for LD. Really appreciate your inputs they indeed helped me.

Thanks, Kris

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds good Krishna ! Glad we could help.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I had a similar issue before, we just had to exit all the programs and restart the system. If the problem persists, delete the Windows temporary files and reinstall the Lumira application.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, Varun

Thanks for your responses! I checked the link Tammy suggested but I do not see any 0's in DU Transaction table committed column so I could change them to 1 they were already 1s and hence this approach got useful for me,

not sure if any of the checked tables would be of any help these have entries such as 0s and 1s

Varun,

I tried by deleting SAP Lumira folder from Program files and deleted it from documents as well then started installation again it went halfway and stopped

Please guide me, as I mentioned right after I install LD i want to get LS4BIP

Thanks again

Kris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One question - may I ask why you need the Lumira Desktop Client installed on Windows Server?  Because typically it is installed on a Windows machine that has Windows 7, 10 etc.

Installing the desktop is not a prerequisite to installing Lumira Server for BI Platform on your server. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, I installed LS4BIP successfully on Win Server 2012 but not LD 1.30

To your question on why I want to install LD on the Server OS, I would like to work with stories and datasets and publish to BIP so I can access from Launchpad etc.

I am not sure if I can achieve this with LS4BIP. I didn't think installing LD is a pre-requisite to install LS4BIP but I wanted to create stories and share to BIP. Please suggest!

Also, I have Win server 2012 OS on the virtual machine and LD installed outside the virtual machine on my Windows 8, Please let me know if I can connect to BIP or Lumira Server on virtual machine.

Can stories be developed in LS without the need of LD, Please guide me

Thanks,

Kris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do need Lumira Desktop to create stories (as of 1.30) but it doesn't need to be installed on your server.  I would install it on a machine that has Windows 7 or Windows 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Tammy I do have LD on my win 8, can you brief me out how I can connect from LD here to virtual machine's LS and BIP. Any exact help with steps or links would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Kris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - that should all be covered in the SAP Lumira Help at SAP Lumira 1.30 – SAP Help Portal Page

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I agree with Tammy, you can have the Lumira Desktop on your windows machine and should be configured to access the BI platform in the VM.

You can build visualizations and storyboards in the Lumira Server itself. But as a prerequisite, the basic Lumira document with the acquired data needs saved to the BI platform from the desktop application.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for the link Tammy, I checked the link there are quite a few documents

Can you share me a document to solve this exact issue. I tried checking online but not finding something I could use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun, Appreciate your response. I would start use LD from my Win 8 machine, I was asking Tammy about any specific links to this. I would appreciate if you can share any configuration information.

You can build visualizations and storyboards in the Lumira Server itself.

Do you mean build them from Launchpad etc in BIP? Reason I asked this is I don't see a program or interface for LS4BIP or I should install anything else to be able to build visualizations in LS, please clarify.

As I mentioned I am just learning Lumira, hope my questions are not confusing.

Thanks

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have seen clients use VPN/Citrix to connect to the BI platform on the RDP/VM from the desktop applications. This is usually taken care by the systems admin, you might want to check if there is any resources from BI Platform | SCN.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The first thing would be to configure Lumira Server to the BI platform then save the Lumira documents from your LD.

These documents can then be accessed from the BI launchpad where you can edit further.

If you are new to Lumira, I would recommend you focus setting up the desktop app and get the storyboards ready in parallel to trying to connect the Desktop and the Server.

Please feel free to refer to the links in http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2016/05/06/sap-lumira-for-beginners

Thank you,

Varun Anand