cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM run goes in loop due to BOM recursiveness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have come across with an issue caused by the recursive BOM. CTM run goes into loop and had to be terminated. I am still not able to find a solution to fix this recursive issue. This is our process requirement and could not avoid maintaining recursive BOM. If there is any way out to handle such issue through enhancement please let me know.

Regards,

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for your reply. I tried this but it is not serving our purpose. Is there any way to set a check on the CTM PDS to prevent product explosion. The PDS has a field "Prevent Product Explosion" which is non editable, if you have any idea how to make it editable or put a check through enhancement please let me know.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashu,

It is not clear what are the business requirements that drove you into this predicament, nor why setting the max time is not a valid solution for your situation. 

PDS content is typically controlled in standard by settings in ECC.  What ECC settings have you tried to prevent BOM explosion?

To me, the easiest standard solution for the business requirement to prevent explosion of these material BOMs would be to remove these materials from the BOMs.  Since you do not intend to explode them, there is no reason to have them in the PDS at all.

It is my practice in SCN forums never to recommend enhancements.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

By setting max time, just because of the recursive product it drops the demand for FG which we do not want it to happen. There is a compliance because of which we have to maintain it on the BOM and in practical we use some portion of the output as our input. It way be a weird but we have this process.

We did try in ECC configuring explosion type but it has not CIF to APO. On reading the document for prevent product explosion which is only applicable to CTM we thought to leverage this setting and prevent planning the recursive product. Since this field is non editable we would like to know how to enable for editing.

We also have a process where on the BOM multiple component is maintained. Just before the planning run it will be decided which all of those component will be included on the BOM and the component excluded from BOM.

This is the very reason we want to enable the field "Prevent Product Explosion" on the CTM PDS.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashu,

I don't believe there is any standard program or transaction that will allow editing that field directly.

As you have probably surmised, such editing is achievable through enhancement.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not found the BADI to select the PDS moide indicator "Prevent Product Explosion" either.

Google search brings up:  via BADI field SET_CALE, CIF: CALE.

But I have not been able to find any BADI with this field.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We could not find any enhancement pointer through which we can enable the field "Prevent Product Explosion". But we are making use of Badi in the master data selection during the CTM to filter out the product from explosion by maintaining it in a Ztable. But still there are some challenges, we still would like to know from the forum if any one has come across with such challenges and built a solution by enabling field "Prevent Product Explosion".

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashu,

Try setting the max scheduling time per demand in the CTM profile.

Best Regards,

DB49