Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy the contents of entity to new one in same CR

former_member288488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello MDG Guru's,

I have a requirement where I have custom entity in data model 0G with several attributes, I need to copy all the attributes data based on a value YES in one of the attribute.

The main primary SU type 1 attribute  is char10 field and if I found YES in one of the custom attribute of this entity then exact replica of all the contents should be created with prefix A for main primary attribute char10. This should be saved in the same CR with another record created.

Please suggest and advise on how to proceed with this, helpful response will be highly rewarded.

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen

Can you please give more details? Give some example so that I can suggest the option...

Kiran

former_member288488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I have extended 0G data model with my yentity where I have yyattribute1 and yyattribute2.

yyattribute1 has value let say abc ,yyattribute2 two has f-4 help yes/no .now when it has yes then second record should be created with xabc and saved in the same cr.

Thanks,

Naveen

former_member288488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

My yentity is type1 entity storing some acc. id with 10 characters. This has several attributes, now when I go to single processing and create a line item with ABC123456 for this acc. id and my CR is created. Now when I go to fill other attributes value  on single processing screen then based on yyattribute2 = YES I need to create another acid with value = XABC and if it is NO then no second record is required. Now this CR No. will have two records one with Acc Id = ABC123456 and second with Acc Id = XABC123456.

So basically I need to copy all the attributes data in second Acc. Id based on the value in yyattribute2.

I hope my requirement is clear to you know and you can please provide some idea and suggestion on this.

Thanks for your kind help.

Naveen

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen

Technically you can copy the values from one attribute to other if you have a CR type with all the entity types from both objects.

One more option but I don't know whether it is useful in your case. Try to use Copy functionality. Create multiple dummy CR's and then when you want to create a new CR, use copy button and then create a new one with the default values available in old CR.

Kiran