Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GRCMates,

Version

GRC 10.1

SP Level

Issue with

Default Roles

I am trying to configure Default roles with the following parameter values.

Inspite of maintain the above values and also maintaining default roles in NWBC, when a new account is created the default roles are not getting provisioned.

Can I get some lead on this please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As suggested by Alessandro, can you add the system line item to the request and check if the default roles are getting added.

Also perform the following

1. Route the default roles and system lineitem to a NO STAGE PATH before the request comes to the role owner stage. Hope you are using standard agents for determining role owners.

2. Allow auto - provisioning is set to YES for the default roles.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Manju

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @ Alessandro,

Yes. I can See the default role getting added and approved at first stage.

Hello @ Manjunath,

The default roles are getting added but the request is not getting processed.

It says for the default roles the agent is not found and cancelling the request.

I tried to build a no role owner path and tried to route the request at line item level so that roles with no role owner found will take that path but I have doubt on the settings I made in MSMP.

please guide me through this.

Let's say this is my scenario.

Request -> Manager -> Role Owner -> Approved.

For Default Roles Since there is no role owner, I made routing enabled at manager stage and maintained the following settings.

Do I need to build a BRF+ rule to map this settings somewhere cos only thing that I mentioned is the following setting in path and manager stage

Let me know how to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Hope you have mapped the "No role owner routing rule" to a No stage path in maintain route mapping and defined the path accordingly in step 5 with no stages.

If the above is not working you can try the following

1. Create a dummy stage as the first stage of your workflow. This dummy stage will have an auto approval agent. The auto approval agent will be a directly mapped user with WF-BATCH as the approver user maintained in Step 3

2. Enable no role owner routing at line item level 

3. Enable escalation after 1 min to Next stage

4. Map the routing rule to a no stage path in step 6

5. Define the no stage path in step 5 with no stages

This will ensure that all the line items without approvers will be routed to a no stage path and after a minute the request moves to the manager stage followed by the role owner stage..

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Manju

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

please also share the settings from NWBC. Since you have set the default role level (2011) to request it will consider the system you have added to your request. The default role will only be available to the first approver, and not to the requester (who submits the request).

Therefore please ensure that the requester adds the system to the request and check whether the default role is added and available for the first approver.

Regards,

Alessandro