cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI installation error on Kubuntu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get below error when I try to run java -jar PlatinGUI-Linux-700r3.jar

[code]Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)

at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.<clinit>(XToolkit.java:91)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:836)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:828)

at sun.swing.SwingUtilities2$AATextInfo.getAATextInfo(SwingUtilities2.java:120)

at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.initComponentDefaults(MetalLookAndFeel.java:1556)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicLookAndFeel.getDefaults(BasicLookAndFeel.java:130)

at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.getDefaults(MetalLookAndFeel.java:1591)

at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:537)

at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:577)

at javax.swing.UIManager.initializeDefaultLAF(UIManager.java:1331)

at javax.swing.UIManager.initialize(UIManager.java:1418)

at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize(UIManager.java:1406)

at javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults(UIManager.java:656)

at javax.swing.UIManager.put(UIManager.java:985)

at com.sap.platin.base.install.GuiInstall.main(GuiInstall.java:461)

[/code]

Could anybody help me?

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which JDK are you using? Make sure that you do not use gcj which is shipped with Ubuntu and set as a default (try update-alternatives to see what is set for java)

Are you using a different user to install SAPGUI then the one that is running X (e.g. logged on as a non-root user and run installation as root?).

If so, change users by using sux, this sets your environment properly.

Try running any other X11 application (e.g. xclock) from command line with the user you try to install SAPGUI to see whether the environment works.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I guess, running as the user (rather than root) solved the problem. btw, I installed while runninng Gnome., I dint try on KDE though.

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try KDE (3.5) - that was mine configuration and it worked just fine with java 1.5.

Regs,

FS

http://www.icg.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is X11 daemon running? Download latest java from Sun (700r3 runs on 1.4.2 or higher). I've managed to run PlatinGUI-Linux-700r3.jar on jre-1_5_0_01-linux-i586.bin (Debian).

FS

www.icg.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to install it on Suse, but not able to run the exact script on Kubuntu 7.04. I downloaded the latest Java (1.6). Is there a way out? Should I try to install it before I login into Kubuntu desktop?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried installing in Gnome desktop. It showed me a message that 7.3 can be installed on Java 1.4 version and I have 1.6. I guess, thats the problem. But I wonder when will 7.3 refer to latest 1.6 version?

Phani