cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to determine batches in delivery without batch split ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP SD Gurus,

I have a need to determine batches in delivery (sales order related) without batch split functionality and also without prior entry of batches in sales order.

How is it possible ?

Thanks & Regards

Deven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deven,

Batch determination is the standard SAP solution for assigning batches to deliveries. You said you don't want to use batch determination, so what do you expect from SAP? There must be a logic, a rule or something to be able to automatically assign correct batches to delivery, but that logic has not been shared by you. How are we supposed to help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating delivery, you can assign a batch to delivery item by manipulating copy control customizing (item level) if need be. But you are limited to only one batch per delivery item here. This approach will not be able to handle assigning more than one batch per delivery item.

If you are sure enough that your requirement cannot be met with standard SAP (as you still have not actually shared the rule for assigning batches), you need to sit with your ABAPer, analyze batch determination functionality (and how it creates additional delivery items in the document) and try to imitate it with an enhancement implementation. I would recommend against it though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch for your reply.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to disable the Batch split in the Batch strategy type and VCH1

Remove the usage CHSP in item category determination for your Delivery type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva Vasireddy,

Thanks for you reply. I've tried what you have said but the delivery item is not determining the batches now. Is there any solution ?

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you able to add the Batches manually in the delivery

what is the Error you are getting

is Automatic batch active at delivery level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it can be done manually and i am not getting any kind of error but i want that split should not happen, only batches should assign to the delivery lines with batch determination functionality.

Or simply batches should come in delivery lines without any split.