Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFBIDE00 and lockbox submission to SM35

former_member988329
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,
We receive a BAI2 lockbox file from our bank. We have flagged our Auto cash control parameters to ‘Insert Bank Details’. This flag instructs the lockbox import program to generate a file. This file will be used to submit a BDC session to update the customer Payment tab on the general control view table KNBK. Recently we have noticed that the program, RFBIDE00, has been cancelling sometimes. After more research, the successful jobs are being run on the Data Base server. The jobs that cancel, have started on one of the apps servers. When we check the logs and look for the files, it appears that they are being created on the Data base server in the root directory, (./) so that when program, , RFBIDE00 runs it can find the work file. If the job happens to run on an app server, it cannot find the file and cancels. Is there any place to tell program , RFBIDE00 to run on DB server. Or can we give it the path for the work file, that includes the server.

We have a lot of our directories on our NFS sap mounted to all servers. However, Basis tells me that you cannot sap mount the root directory.

We are on SAP ERP6.4. In our production system we have one Database server and 2 application servers.

thanks,
Connie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

We are in the same situation and we have the root directory mount on CI server.

Main Lock Box Program runs on server1 which is not CI

And RFBIDE00 runs on server2  it cancel's.

My understanding was since the root directory is mount to CI , whatever server the program runs it should pick the file created from lockbox program.

Did you find any useful solution for it ?

Thanks

Bhanu

former_member988329
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

Actually I think I have a solution, however it will involve ABAP.  I can read ABAP and get an idea of what is happening in a program, but do not have the expertise to make the change.  I am waiting on our programmer to fit in the time for me.  I found this note on SCN  2253620.  I have not tested … but this might work.  If you have access to a programmer and make the change, please let me know your results.

In the meantime I am playing analyze and fix.

• Monitoring the lockbox jobs
  • Monitor any cancelled jobs  (our job name is ‘Lbox Bank Details 20160706 0705’,  so I look for Lbox Bank Details*).
  • Of course all of the cancelled ones have run on an application server.
  • Check the job log and selection variant for the file name.

Good Luck,

Connie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

Thanks for your reply.

I think i will go with the code to specify target system in the JOB_CLOSE function module as specified in the SAP Note:2253620.

Again thanks for providing with the note and the details it really helps. I will update the code and test it.

Will update the forum when issue gets resolved.

Thanks

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

Have you made the change discussed above?  Can you give us an update.  Our Abaper does not want to hard code the server name in the function module. 

thanks,

Connie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We didn't hard coded the server name check RZ12 for more information.

Under new server group we assigned only 1 server which is not CI ( Central Instance ) and now in your target server you can give the server group name instead of app. server.

1.Advantage is you are not hard coding server

2. Parent and child job will run on same "Server group" which only has 1 server assigned to it.

3. Server group can be created in each system independent of app. server

I also added a enhancement to trigger the child job on same server group . Let me know if you need more help or code snippet.