cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP decrytpion error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is third party team will place the file in encrypted format and PI will pick the file and decrypt it after that we will be sending the file as an attachment to ECC inbound proxy. While picking the file I am getting the even I have maintained the correct private key,

Error:  Error: org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: A fitting private key for the encrypted data could not be found: check the password

Please help me with the error.

Thanks

Gayathri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

PGP works based on key pairs. For encryption, your 3rd party vendor must use the public key generated by you to encrypt the message and you will use your Private key  to decrypt the message.

Please check if you have shared your public key with your 3rd party server and you are using the private key pair of the public key shared. This error usually comes when the encryption takes place from different key pair and you are trying to decrypt using another key pair.

Please refer to below blog for complete details on the same -

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Vendor has placed wrong public key. Once he updated the key with our public key issue got resolved.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Gayathri.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gayathri,

Are you using the key provided by the SFTP vendor and uploaded the same in the path?

The same details should be maintained in the Beans.