Sample calculation with Inspection points does not seem to work

Matthias_G
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have the following topic to solve:

- We create an inspection lot with lot type 03, thus in-production inspection

- let's say inspection lot qty is 200

- sampling procedure says 20%, meaning when 40 or 200 are ok, then the whole lot is ok

- we want to work with inspection Points. These are qty dependent, like every 10 pieces one inspection point.

Now the Problem...

- I am creating an inspection point when attempting to record the result, but the sample size is always calculated based on the original inspection lot size - being 200. So the system calculates for each result recording after I have produced 10 pieces I need to inspect 40...

I would expect in cases like this the system somehow considers the qty in calculation, so in my case for each inspection point the qty is 2 pieces instead of 40.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? Calculating the sample size manually in a user Exit is not an Option, since we have quite complicated sample calculations in place here like sampling schemes.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Use time based or quantity based inspection point.

2.At Operation overview explore indicator  Quan.pt.lot - "Quantity Confirmation for Each Partial Lot"

3.Note that for this setting to be used ,you need to have partial lot assignment for IL.

Matthias_G
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

thank you as well for your answer, but unfortunately this does not what I need... this indicator only makes sense for time-based intervals (which I don't have anyway). With it being active, I would have to enter the partial lot qty only once and not with every inspection point.

However, I am doing qty-based inspection Points, so I have a partial lot qty each time anyway.

The indicator for partial lot assignment is active.

But the issue with that is that the partial lot qty is not taken as basis to calculate the sample size, the system is always using the complete qty of the inspection lot as basis. It seems to just copy the originally calculated sample sizes to each new inspection point - which does not work well when you have to work with %-calculations...  😞

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your sampling procedure have you tried setting "independent multiple samples"?

Craig

Matthias_G
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

thank you for your answer.

You mean to use "independent multiple samples" rather than "inspection points"?

Combining them somehow is not an option as a prequisite for using "independent multiple samples" is that you don't use inspection points...

I will check tomorrow when I'm back on site if I can work with those or not. So far I thought inspection points would reflect best what the business is doing. Will keep you posted...

BR

Matthias