cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.6 executeable does not work. But works through PB itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

A datawindow will not work when the application was updated to 12.6. All other dw work in the application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know what are some limitations of 64 bit? This is an old application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A list of 64bit restrictions & unsupported features can be found within the help file for PB v12.6. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda;

1) Can you give us a lot more detail about ... "A datawindow will not work"

2) If you open the PB 12.6 problem DW's source code, does it state "release 12.6;"?

If not, please change this to 12.6, save & then retry your application test.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data window was at 12.5. I tried waht you suggested and still no luck.

Many datawindows are at old releases, is this something that should be changed for all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a bug since like PB v2.x or 3.x that the migration feature does not properly correct your DWO syntax to the new PB version. You have to modify the DW in the DW Painter or do the source code "release nn" trick to force the DWO source up to the current version.

It's not normally an issue but have been caught a few times where bring the DWO source up-to-par has fixed the issue. Do I wanted to rule that aspect out as well in your case. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

All patches were applied to release 4091.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you also tell us ...

1) Did you build a P-Code or M-Code executable?

2) Did you build a 32 or 64 bit executable?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

What do you mean by 'does not work'. Do you have a crash ?

Which database/version are you using ?

Can you better describe your DW or attach a screenshot.

Kind Regards.

Abdallah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PCODE and 64 Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting... running from the IDE is automatically putting your PB application in 32bit mode. Have you tried creating a 32bit EXE and trying your application that way as a test?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the DW info. The app will work when built in 32 bit, not 64 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have heard a few people log issues still with the 64bit complications. The 64bit world still seems to have a few nuances in it as far as the PB aspect is concerned. Of course, this is PB's first 64bit release - so it doesn't surprise me that SAP still has some hidden problems - especially, with the complex DWO.

I woukd suggest that you log a case with SAP Technical Support & go with the 32bit EXE for now until this issue is resolved.

For interests sake though, if you could post a screenshot of the problem ... that might be helpful for other PB developers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your most welcome!

If this has helped with or clarified your issue, please mark the question as answered ... thanks.