cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Value with No ApprovalID

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts. I have a pending value I'm trying to approve. I can see that the MX_PENDING_VALUE record indeed exists but there's no record for it in the idmv_approvals_basic or idmv_approvals_ext views. Because I can't see it in those views, there's no ApprovalID and, without an ApprovalID, I can't write a job using the uIS_Approval internal function to push this through.

I've looked through several other views to try and find the ApprovalID for this pending value but I'm coming up empty. Any suggestions on how I can get this pending value approved so it'll push the privilege to SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

do you still have items in the provisioning queue for that PVO? If not you could just try to delete the PVO using a toIdentityStore pass (with Test Provisioning Task option).

Regards

Norman

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm... I will look in the provisioning queue. I hadn't thought of that. What if I find it in there? Would the ApprovalID be in there? If it's simply stuck provisioning, can I just delete that row or rows? If there's nothing in the queue and I delete the PVO, what then? What happens to the privilege?

I just don't want to be to maverick with this as it's a production environment. Whatever I end up doing should have at least somewhat predictable consequences so that I can lay that out to the lead technician so we can decide the best course of action. Thanks for the insight.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, if there is nothing in the queue for that PVO and you delete it, I think it will stay pending, but at least you are able to remove and reassign.

If there is a task in the queue I would look at that task and why it is stuck. Maybe the approval went through already but some other task is stuck (either after approval or provisioning).

Can you check in the link audit table, whether the PVO is stuck before approval or after?

Answers (0)