cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill empty cells as zero value in a crosstab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got an error value when I set a formula with empty cells in an exported crosstab to Excel.

For sure I could fill in Excel all these empty cells as zero values and it is done.

But is it possible to fill these empty cells as zero directly in Design Studio 1.6 ?

I try to set this property in "Edit initial view" but it doesn't work.

The data source is a BW query in which I can't managed these kind of value.

Have somebody an idea ?

Best regards,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

"Display of Zero Values" ( from screenshot) could be used to change the zero display as some other custom options.

To make null cells as Zero, You should create a formula in Bex query and add zero with the base key figure.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for your answering. But I did not managed to create a formula in BEx which displays zero values. Even from this thread 1462542 :

Best,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Create a formula in your Bex query and add "Your actual column which you wants to have zero display" with zero inside the formula. Please refer the screenshots.

This could help you to have zero in place instead of null values.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I have tried your tip but it failed

Look :

And the result is (in SAP Analysis for example) :

Be seeing you.

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

I do not think that changing the display of zero values will help you.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

It would be useful for end-user to add formula without any errors in their Excel exported crosstab. Presently they use that DS application to extract raw data from BW query and then build their own report with pivot in Excel. Most of them told me that filling empty cells with zero is quite dull !

Best regards,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francis,

I see an option under OnSelect of crosstab but not sure whether this will help you.

Regards,

Shankar

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Borrowing an idea from this thread unit of measure for empty cells | SCN could you create a formula for the empty values back in BEx and then consume in Design Studio?