Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands on HCI

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just trying to do some hands on HCI. It looks like SAP is planning to replace PI altogether with HCI. Not sure though what they are actually planning.

Can you please share some really good docs or links thorough which I can get some idea on HCI. Already I have gone thorugh some really good blogs and got an overview and idea .

Is there any way I can install Eclipse Mars 4.5 in my Home PC and access HCI for sometime to do hands on. If it is can you please share the steps.

Really appreciate your valuable response.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like SAP is planning to replace PI altogether with HCI. Not sure though what they are actually planning.

I would not make a statement like this, Customers then will get the wrong message.

PI / PO continues to exist and continues to be a part of the SAP Landscape. There is a huge customer foot print using PI / PO and they will not be able to move to HCI.

What though is happening is :

• PreDelivered / Standard Integration Content is now getting built by SAP mostly on HCI. Look at the link cloudintegration.hana.ondemand.com for the prepackaged content HCI offers.
  • If a on-premise PI / PO customer wants to use this content, then there is a path SAP provides,
    • From PO 7.5 onwards ( Single Stack  & Dual Stack ), there is a new feature called "Cloud Integration Content".
    • This means, that the HCI content on can be deployed and run on PO 7.5 but this will be in a separate container / runtime.
    • Check last section of this blog for details on this feature : 

Facts end here...

If I have to look into the future and take a wild guess, this is what will happen - SAP will provide the HCI Design Time also for On-Premise PI / PO. Which means customers with existing PI / PO Installations can continue to use previous way of designing and deploying Interfaces ( using the pipeline of PI ) or use the Apache Camel way of HCI.. Again this is speculation but i believe in the next few years this is what will happen leading to the ability of customers to have a more flexible integration platform.. lets revisit this thread in a couple of years

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Thanks for your detail response.

I am exploring HCI from last 2-3 days and gone through some blogs and official documents. Can you please reply whether my understanding is clear or not -

1. One Tenant can have multiple working node which process messages at the runtime.

2. Mostly HCI works on Prepackaged contents. So mostly an resource needs to do the configuration part. There might be situation when we need to connect on premise Retail box to the Cloud system via HCI. So for that case if we have a custom WSDL structure in Retail side how to create DT , MT etc and where to do the mapping or its not required we have some other way around here.

Thanks,

Apu

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

1. yes, One Tenant can have multiple working nodes for processing messages.

2. As per my knowledge for all the prepackaged contents available in the public content catalogue just needs the configuration effort. but still if you want customise the prepackaged content you can do so by importing it to eclipse UI, please refer the below links for the detailed process to export integration flows from web-UI to eclipse UI and vice versa.

You can do all the custom integrations development in eclipse

No native data-type editor for creating WSDL for sender SOAP channels. but we can still use

Eclipse WSDL Editor for SOAP-based integration.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

Alternatively you can also send mail to hci.trial@sap.com by keeping CC  katrin.von.ahsen@sap.com and  udo.paltzer@sap.com

Now a days we are not getting response from SAP for SAP HCI trail version.

May be someone from your organisation already took HCI trail version and it got expired.

or

SAP was stopped giving SAP HCI trail access.

Many of my friends are struggling to get the response from SAP since last 3 months

But i suggest you to try.. Wish you all the best

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As per them,

Unfortunately you cannot participate in the trial program of this product as your organization has already licensed HCI (Developer Edition). Due to legal reasons we have to restrict access to HCI trial to customers and partners who are new to HCI. Kindly check at your end how to obtain access to the HCI trial tenant of xxxx

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Bhargava. Sent a mail both the mail mentioned by you and Raghu from my official email id. Lets see which one work for me.

HCI might not be released yet for commercial purpose. I mean is SAP released it to buy and use for the customers (client) yet or not.

Is it difficult enough to grab or it should not take much time to be habituate for hard core PI consultant like me.

Thanks,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Apu.

You can buy and use it.

But Trial version is valid for only 30 days.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

SAP HCI is available in different editions for the customers for commercial purpose.

Please go through the below link for more details.

There are lot many features are available in SAP HCI but still it needs to improve in many areas..

Eng explained very well about the features and missing functionalities in detail in the below blog.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your inputs. Now, I have managed to get access for an test Tenant. Now I want to do some hands on there for better understanding. My eclipse is also set and connected with the tenant.

I have some basis questions here. These might be foolish but I am not much aware oh HCP-IS and after going through overview document as well I am not getting much idea and lot of resources are confusing to start.

1. Is there any document using which I can get one simple step by step flow of development for any on premise to Cloud or cloud to cloud integration.

2. Didn't we need to create DT,MT all those here in HCI as we do in PO before developing iFlow.

Thanks,

Apu

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

It's good to hear that you got trail version access from SAP

I suggest you first go through my first iflow [Step by step] document which SAP provides along with the trail version and get familiarise with environment.

Then you can follow the below links for some of the step by step guide documents.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100004014682015E/Library/Configuration/NC7_CFC1502_EN_X...

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Links I shared should help you APU.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhargava.

I am trying to do a test scenario from On Boarding pdf . But I am not getting below anywhere. Do you have any idea whats going wrong.

And Can you please share your first blog link you mentioned to go through first .

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

I guess issue is with your WSDL.

You can get the WSDL from below link.

http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx?wsdl and then click save target as WSDL File.

If nothing works out you can populate those 2 entries and then add namespace mapping shown in

Step#27 of on boarding guide.

27. Click on the empty space near Integration scenario and add the following namespace mapping

xmlns:p1=http://www.webserviceX.NET

Thanks & Regards,

Sriprasad S Bhat

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

Check the below links

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your reply. I guess first step is to download Eclipse Mars into the system and download plugins. That I have done.

Next seems to be connected the system with an tenant . Is there any way to get an trial or free tenant for practice on Home PC.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello APU,

Yes, Send a mail to 'SAP_HANA_Cloud_Integration_Trial@sap.com' with ur S-USER ID.

You will get a trial for 30 days.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On a high level, PI is an on-premise offering for connecting on-premise to on-premise system but HANA Cloud Integration HANA Cloud platform-Integration services (new name) is a cloud offering connecting cloud to cloud and cloud to on-premise systems.  HCP-Integration service is totally based on new

I would preferably suggest you to check content and also look at these amazing 

You would find info on connecting eclipse to HCP-integration services from above links.

There is a new openSAP course announced starting from July 19th. You may register for this.

Regards,

JK

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra.

Your links were really helpful. Basically Cloud to on premise integration is possible using SAP PO.7.4 as well. Mostly HCI seems to adding cloud to cloud integration facility additionally.

Might SAP is planning to move directly to the HCI thats on premise to on premise, onpromise to cloud and cloud to cloud all are getting added in HCP.