Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI File pick during SAP as sender

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I would like to know the behaviour of PI sender file adapter.  Consider SAP ECC is creating the file in AL11.

The polling in PI is every 5 sec.

Concern:

In the ECC, as soon as OPEN DATASET statement is used the file gets created in AL11. If there are more entries to write exceeding 5 sec suppose 30 sec for TRANSFER statement,   while the application program is still writing,  PI would have already transferred the file .

Could you please suggest how to tackle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

one option is to set file modification check in the sender file adapter (select Advanced mode)

the sender channel will wait if the file is being modified.

for more information check the below link

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

another option is to modify your program that writes the file, to write the file as .tmp and once the transfer is complete, rename with the actual filename. sender file adapter will only pick once the write is complete and file is renamed to actual filename

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details.

But somehow when i tested using Msecs option this is not working as expected. I stay my control in ABAP debugging inserting the records still in loop, while PI already picked and transferred even though the advance parameter was set on Msec.

Polling is 10 sec and Msec is 5000.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try increasing the modfication check and see.

And how long the looping is happening?

Answers (0)