cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom extension with three different dimensions as feed input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Is it possible to create a custom extension with three difefrent dimensions as feed inputs, and use them all three at the same time.

The problem I face is that I can only use two as the same time, because the third always get disabled automatically.

Here are screenshots.

As soon as ABC and GHI inputs are filled DEF is automatically disabled.

And so on...

Is it a limitation?

I need this because I want to be able to emulate "alphanumeric measures".

I see it's possible in some built-in charts

Also, on the code side, I don't under stand this :

var ABC= {

id             : "my.extension.test.module.TEST.DS1",

name           : "ABC",

type           : "Dimension",

min            : 0, // and this??

max            : 4, // what is this??

aaIndex        : 1,

minStackedDims : 0,

maxStackedDims : Infinity

};

If I put min to 1 on each of my dimensions I try to build, Lumira triggers an error "cannot have more than two axis".

I don't have access to HCP develoment platform.

Thanks by advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

It really depends on the kind of chart you are using. We can have more than 3 dimensions even in a line, bar/column chart. Please refer to the image below,

The most important question is, what are we trying to convey with so many dimensions ? More the dimensions or measures on a single chart, the tougher it would be to interpret it.

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. The screenshot You gave is not why I try to achieve. I do not need multiple dimensions in one input but multiple inputs (3 at least). I want to create animate column chart by myself. I need one dimension input for X axis, one dimension input for Category (like the Color one in your screenshot) and one for Animation. Is This doable? Because I can not succeed doing si because one of my input is always disabled as soon as the two others are filled.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I misread the second part of the question as, is it doable in the built in charts. Not sure about the reason of the limitation, let me check and get back to you. But would you not be able to achieve the desired result from the charts available out of the box ?

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

had this idea in mind and wanted to experiment it by myself. I was surprises of the behavior so I came here to ask. If You Can take a look     that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias, please post any updates/findings back to this forum.  Your line of research is very interesting!  I'd love to know how it turns out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun. Did you have a chance to take a look at that.

I've tried with the 1.31 version but still stuck with the same limitation.

Do you have a contact at SAP that could give a status on this?

Thanks.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I have not found a solution yet. Not sure about any contact in SAP, but you can submit your idea at SAP Lumira: Ideas

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Answers (0)