cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Receiving Calendar to schedule GR activity in PPDS order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Coallegues,

I have a specific requirement to change the good receipt activity duration for a period that is less than a day, this I can do using SAP APO because the GR processing time field in APO allow the maintenance using decimal places (different from the ECC one) and this is working fine.

A part of this requirement business would like to have the availability of the product in business hours (from 08:00 to 18:00). I changed the calendar of the assigned handling resource to be available from 08:00 to 18:00 and this would partially attend the requirement, but we still have issues with orders that ends the productive activity in the evening, because the gr activity would be scheduled after the resource is available.

For example, let´s say that the GR processing time is 4 hours and the productive activity ends at 01:00, with the master data design that I have the good receipt activity would be scheduled to start at 08:00 ending at 12:00, so the product will be available at 12:00 and this is not what business would like to have.

The desired scenario would be having the good receipt activity scheduled from 04:00 to 08:00, so the product will be available at 08:00.

I have changed the design trying to achieve it but i couldn´t, I have removed the gaps from the handling resource (allowing the GR activity to be scheduled at any time) and changed the Receving calendar to start from 08:00 but as a result the order got this gr activity scheduled in the evening, from 01:00 to 05:00 ending when is not desired by the business.

The reason was explained in a previous topic, if the handling resource is assigned to the location master the system schedules the GR activity using the timestream of the resource (I change to 24 houts availability) and ignore the calendar assigned to the location master data.

If I remove the handling resource from the location master data no gr activity is generated in the planned order.

I tried to change the order in livecache using FM /SAPAPO/OM_ORDER_CHANGE but I have some error in Live Cache and I couldn´t finish.

Checking an order with FM /SAPAPO/OM_ORDER_GET_DATA I could see that the table with interoperations constraints ( ET_INTERN_CONSTRAINTS) have a constraint type (field  CONSTRAINT_TYPE) set to 3 (Minimum Interval = Maximum Interval = 0 (Equal Constraint)) which means that productive activity and GR activity must be scheduled without gaps....

I also tried the BADI /SAPAPO/CULLRTOEXPL but the GR activity is not available there (it seems that is generated after this moment) as this BADI is for the PDS explosion.

Any help will ve very appreciated.

Regards

André val

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi André,

The GR activity is added to the order in Function Module /SAPAPO/RRP_GR_PROCESSING_TIME. You can debug it during Planned Order.

The existence of a Handling Resource for the Location should not affect whether or not the GR activity is generated - the GR activity should be there anyway, only without assignment to a Resource - it's possible you're facing a bug if GR only appears in the order when Handling Resource is specified.

Regards,
Tiago

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PPDS normally requires a resource to schedule every activity.

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for contesting me. I just reviewed the relevant coding.

In case of External Procurement, GR should be created anyway regardless of existence of Handling Resource. I was under impression that it would behave the same way for Planned Order, which is incorrect.

In case of In-House Production, the GR activity is not added to the order and in the Planning Log a message is raised explaining that even though GR was specified for the Product, it will not be considered because of the missing Resource.

The message is raised in FM /SAPAPO/RRP_GR_PROCESSING_TIME, so it may be possible to bypass it, even though this is not recommended.

Regards,
Tiago