Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI synchronize service software components question

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using NWDI and PO as a mean to develop BPMs.

In the initial setup of NWDI, when making the comparison between runtime system and NDWI, I managed to make the syncronisation for most of the software components. (like explained here : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47484 part 3 of the document)

I had to download the same version between NWDI and our PO servers. I did actually manage to find most of them in the software download section from SAP. But some components I was not able to get the same patch version, and it seems that if version is not the same then the syncronisation wont work.

For example, I'm running on my runtime system the software component FRAMEWORK version 1000.7.40.12.2.xxx and I was only able to download 1000.7.40.12.3.xxx and well synchronisation wont work. I have other SC's with the same issue.

How do I then make it work ? For example I have to update each FRAMEWORK software component to patch version 3 on my runtime systems, and then make the syncronisation again ? Is updating software components individually recommended ?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

The patch level might not be considered in the scenario.

For more details please refer to:

http://scn.sap.com/community/nwdi/blog/2014/03/26/nwdi-vs-nwdi-content

However, please make sure that the NWDI & PO RTS are not on the same server box.

Regards,

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Milen,

My NWDI and PO are on separate servers.

I have an NDWI 7.40 SP12 instance and a DEV>QUAL>PROD PO systems 7.40 SP12

I've read the link you provided, thank you, but still can't figure it out.

I go to the NWDI syncronize service :

WD-RUNTIME on my Runtime system 7.40 SP 12 PL 4 1000.7.40.12.4.201xxxxx

WD-RUNTIME into NWDI Buildspace/Workspace : N/A

"Software component is directly requiered by a devloped software component; therefore import is necessary"

So I downloaded the Web Dynpro Runtime from the marketplace : WDRUNTIME12_0-20009963.SCA SP12 for WEB DYNPRO RUNTIME 7.40

Uploaded it to the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in then I try to syncronize this software component, and it doesn't find anything. "No corresponding SCA file found in inbox for this software component to be imported. If you need to import an SCA file, copy it to the inbox folder and re-execute the synchronization"

Tried with the latest patch, samething.

Answers (0)