cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel files extracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to apply the kernel patch.I have downloaded database dependent and independent files from service market place into one folder and also copied sapcar.exe file from run directory into this folder.

i am getting below error when extracting these files.

"SAPCAR could not open for writing sapcar.exe <error 28>.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another

process.

please give me the detail extracting procedure.

rgds,

vinnu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you keep the sapcar.exe file in the same folder you get this option. Do one thing. Remove this sapcar.exe from this location.

Now from the prompt, change directory to the location where you have these kernel files. From here give the full path of the sapcar.exe.( for windows c:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NT...\sapcar.exe -xvf SAPEXE....

From the kernel location in the prompt run this command. It will extract properly.

Do reward with good points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much manthosh and greg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinnu,

It sounds like you're trying to overwrite the sapcar.exe that you're using to perform the extract. Put the sapcar.exe that you downloaded into a separate location from the kernel SAR files (e.g. c:\tmp) and put the kernel SAR files in another location (e.g. c:\kernel). Open a command prompt and navigate to c:\kernel. Issue the command c:\tmp\sapcar.exe -xvf <kernel-sar-file>.

Gary