cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connection Problems with Windows 10 and Lumira

0 Kudos

Hello, I downloaded the Lumira test version and installed it without any problems 🙂 However, when I open the application, I'm shown the message that the tool cannot detect a connection to the Internet, even though I'm connected to the Wifi and can run Edge and Google Chrome without any problems. My operating system is Windows 10. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks and best regards, Liz O'Sullivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

We would not really require an internet connection to use the basic functionalities of the tool.

Which version of Lumira have you installed and is it part of the 30 day trial ? A screen shot of the error would be really helpful.

In between, please try to uninstall and reinstall to v1.30.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your reply! I downloaded the test version of Lumira today from the website, so I'm presuming it's 1.30. I will send you a screenshot as soon as I have access to my PC. I can't access any test data for example.

Also, what are considered the 'basic' functionalities? I need to prepare a demo for next week and it would be great if you could let me know where the limits are.

Thank you!

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds good ! But try to reinstall Lumira and check for the error message. The application would require internet connectivity only to connect to server or any data sources that would not be available on your local system.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Varun, I did and I'm still getting the error message. However, I can't log on to my scn account on the PC where I'm getting the error!! And I can't upload mages here. When I open the app, it's just a one-liner saying 'No internet connection detected' and telling me to connect to the Internet to access tutorials etc. I'd like to access some test data, but I have acquired some from another source, so maybe that will solve my problem. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Varun, I did and I'm still getting the error message. However, I can't log on to my scn account on the PC where I'm getting the error!! And I can't upload mages here. When I open the app, it's just a one-liner saying 'No internet connection detected' and telling me to connect to the Internet to access tutorials etc. I'd like to access some test data, but I have acquired some from another source, so maybe that will solve my problem. Thanks!

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

The closest that could replicate your problem was by disconnecting my internet and using the application. And resolved by resetting my WiFi connection.

And not sure why you could not connect to your SCN account as it is login based. I think the problem would be in the system level connectivity and not the application.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding the test data, you can leverage the sample data from the application as shown below.

The last one is the data in the form of Excel file. This can also be accessed under your My Documents > SAP Lumira Documents > Samples.

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Varun, I think the SCN logon is a separate issue so I'll leave it aside for the moment. But yes, it is strange. Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

0 Kudos

I've tried connecting to the sample data before, but I can't access it as long as the error message appears. I'll try first to resolve the connection issue before trying to access the sample data. Thanks!

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds good Liz ! Let me know if you need any help or have any other questions.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Varun, I'm still getting the no Internet connection message, despite having reset my Wifi connection connection several times. The good news though, is that I can access the sample data - which I was not able to do last week (I just got a blank page). I don't need to publish anything though, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll close this message for the moment and if I have any other issues (and I'm sure I will!), I'll let you know. Thank you for your help! Best regards, Liz