cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make supplier part number mandatory in shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRMGurus,

We want to make the field 'supplier part number' mandatory in shopping cart.

Is it possible to make supplier part number mandatory via. configurations?

Best Regards,

Siddappa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you just have to use metadata:

SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) > Configure Field Control > Configure Control for Fields on Item Level > Metadata for Fields on Item Level

Then, you will have to define a dynamic customer class and its method based on PARTNER_PROD method from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_SC class.

Regards.

Laurent.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would it not be sufficient to just set the "field required" checkbox in this case (without knowing additional requirements)?

Thomas

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

no, as PARTNER_PROD only comes from catalog: it is not mandatory for Free-Text.

But, in fact, Siddappa's request has no sense: having this field mandatory means catalog must always provide a value, as user cannot modify this field in standard.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

My requirement is to make the PARTNER_PROD mandatory and move the field to the Describe Requirement Pop-up window for free text cart.

Then we will validate whether we have any product exists in ECC system with this PROD_PARTNER number and give message to user to use the catalog item in MDM.

Best Regards,

Siddappa

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siddappa,

do not understand your requirement...

Normal process is to first look for material inside catalogs, then, if it does not exist, create a Free-Text item.

Free-Text is based on Product Category, not on Product (Material number), so there is no logic to have a material number in Free-Text.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like standard metadata customizing to me. Did you try mainting an entry for PARTNER_PROD on item level under "extensions and field control"?

In general, please search for available information before posting.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am able to find the PARTNER_PROD in extensions and field control-> 'Display Standard Metadata Tables for Item Fields'.

But there are 3 entries for BUS2121 with different combination.

1. Metadata field type 'I' - Initial entry for Metadata

2. 'S' - Standard field for metadata with dyanamic class and method.

3. With subtype 'RI'

Should I make the field mandatory with first 2 entries in 'Configure Control for Fields on Item Level'?

Best Regards,

Siddappa